Chapter 35

Faith

As Dean and I walked into the tent, he released my hand. My heart dropped a little. "Dean?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, Saige?" He glanced at me.

That alone might've given me the answer to my question. "Are you...I want to say I'm sorry all this happened. And if you're pissed at me, I get it. I mean, I would be mad too. So I don't know. I was just--I...I just wanted to apologize because this is all my fault.  I would totally understand if wouldn't want me to be around--"

"Si, calm down." Dean tells me. "You're rambling, and as cute as it is, you're wrong." 

"Wrong? Wrong about what?" I asked.

"I am pissed about what happened, but I don't blame you. You didn't know. And I'm not blind. I see the way this is affecting you. And me pushing you away probably wasn't helping." Dean shrugged. "I don't blame you. I shouldn't have treated you like I did."

Relief flooded through me at that. "So you don't hate me now?"

Dean shook his had. "I could never hate you," he pauses for a moment. "You know, I think you need to stop overthinking every little thing, Angel." 

Before I could reply, his phone rang. He raised it to his ear. "What do you got?" He asked Sam. 

I lean closer to Dean to hear. 

"Roy's choosing victims he sees as immoral." Sam stated. "I think I know how's next on his list. You remember that protester?" 

"You mean the guy in the parking lot?" Dean asked.

"Yeah. I'll find him, but you can't let Roy heal anyone, alright?" 

Dean snapped his phone shut, shoving it back in his pocket. 

Suddenly I felt as if I couldn't breathe, as if a weight had been placed on my chest. 

"Layla. Layla Roarke. Come on up here, child." Roy called out. 

The crowd erupted in applause and my heart sank. As Laylan walked toward the stage, I turned and walked out of the tent. I couldn't watch another person be healed. I needed air.

Once the cool air hit me, I felt a little better. 

Not a second later a scream rang out across the parking lot. Before I could place where it came from, it stopped. People began rushing out of the tent. Then lastly, Dean was being shoved out by two police officers.

I sighed. "Really?"

Dean shrugged in response as Sue Ann walked out as well. 

"I don't understand. After everything we've done for you, after Roy healed you." Sue Ann shook her head. "I'm very, very disappointed, Dean. You can let him go. I'm not gonna press charges."

"Thanks." I muttered.

"The Lord will deal with him as he sees fit." Sue Ann continued, but she wasn't looking at Dean, her eyes were trained on me for some reason. 

"We catch you around here again, son, we'll put the fear of God in you." One officer tells Dean. "You understand?"

"Yes, sir. Fear of God. Got it." Dean nodded as they shoved him forward. Dean stumbled, bumping into me.

"I'm not going to bail you out of jail again." I tell him, though I think we both knew it was a lie. 

"Yeah, sure you won't." Dean turned and Layla was behind him. "Oh, Layla."

"Why would you do this?" She asked. "That could've been my only chance."

"He's not a healer." Dean tells her.