Chapter 3

Pilot

"I'll bet you that's her." Dean says as we walk down the street toward a girl hanging posters. 

"Yeah." Sam replied.

"You must be Amy." Dean states as we all stop in front of the girl.

"Yeah." She replied. 

"Troy told us about you." Dean lies. "We're his aunt and uncles. I'm Dean, this is Saige and that's Sammy."

"He never mentioned you to me." Amy states, turning and continuing down the street as she pulled another poster from her bag. 

Dean scoffed as we followed. "Well, that's Troy, I guess. We're not around much, we're up in Modesto." 

"We're looking for him too. And we're kind of asking around." Sam added. 

"Hey, are you okay." Another girl walked up to Amy, glancing between Sam, Dean and I. 

"Yeah." Amy tells her.

"You mind if we ask you a couple questions?" Sam asked.

___

I sat between Sam and Dean in a booth by the window of a restaurant while the two girls sat across from us. I shift a little, crossing my legs and folding my hands in my lap. Dean had his arm resting on the back of the chair behind me, playing with my hair absentmindedly. 

I try to ignore it and how our thighs would touch if either of us moved, or how my shoulder brushed against his side. 

"I was on the phone with Troy." Amy began. Right, focus, Saige. "He was driving home. He said he would call me right back. And, uh...he never did."

"He didn't say anything strange?" Sam asked.  "Or out of the ordinary?"

"No, nothing I can remember."

"I like your necklace." Sam gestured to the pentagram hanging around the girl's neck.

Amy lifted it up, gazing down at the jewelry. "Troy gave it to me. Mostly to scare my parents with all that devil stuff." She laughs. 

Sam laughed as well. "Actually, it means just the opposite. A pentagram is protection against evil. Really powerful. Of course, if you believe that kind of stuff."

"Okay." Dean leaned forward, arms resting against the tabletop. "Thank you, Unsolved Mysteries. Here's the deal, ladies. The way Troy disappeared ...something's not right. So if you've heard anything...."

The two girls across from us share a look.

"What? What is it?" I asked.

"Well, it's just--" Amy's friend speaks up. "I mean, with all these guy's going missing, people talk."

"About what?" I press.

"What do they talk about?" Both Winchesters ask.

"It's kind of this local legend. This one girl, she got murdered out on Centennial, like, decades ago. Well, supposedly she's still out there. She hitchhikes. And whoever picks her up, well, they disappear forever."

___

I sat beside Dean as he searched up 'Murder on Centennial' on the library's computer. It was quiet here, hardly anyone around. '0 results' popped up on the screen, making me let out an aggravated huff. 

"Let me try." Sam reached out to grab the keyboard.

"I got it." Dean smacked his hand.

Sam shoved Dean away, sliding his chair over as he rolled his eyes.