Chapter 22

Bugs

Rain was drizzling down from the gray skies as I got out of the Impala. Dean was quickly at my side, umbrella over both our heads causing us to shift closer to one another. 

With the thought still running through my head from this morning, I shouldn't be anywhere near this man. 

I turn my attention to the coroner's wheeling a body bag from the house. A dead body is a good distraction. It always is. 

Dean's hand found its way to my waist and suddenly the dead body wasn't enough to distract me anymore. 

"Look, I don't know anything else at the moment, okay?" I heard Larry say to whoever he was on the phone with. "I'll have to call you back. Bye." He shoved his phone in his pocket as we walked up to him. "Hello, you're back early." 

"Yeah, we strolled in, wanted to take another look at the neighborhood." Dean replied. 

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

"You guys met Linda Bloom at the barbeque?" Larry asked.

"The realtor?" I question.

"Well, uh, she passed away last night." 

"What happened?" Dean asked. 

"Still trying to find out. I identified the body for the police...." Larry trailed off as an officer waved him over. "Look, I'm sorry. This isn't a good time." 

"It's okay." Sam nodded as Larry walked off. 

The rain began to pick up, a small breeze blowing through. I wrap my arms around myself, shivering. 

"You know what we have to do, right?" Dean asked, glancing at me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into his side. 

"Yeah, get in that house." Sam nodded.

"See if we got a bug problem." Dean continued.

"Well, let's do it now. I'm freezing out here." I shift closer to Dean, sighing at the warmth he emitted. 

___

We sneak around back and over the privacy fence before climbing up to the roof. Dean pushed open the window, stepping through the window.

As I stepped through the window, he caught my hand, helping me through. Sam crawled through the window next as Dean and I stare down at the outline of a body on the carpeted floor. 

"This looks like the place." Dean stated before stepping over the outline and into the bathroom. 

I followed, seeing a towel and broken glass on the floor in front of the shower. I stop in the doorway as Dean knelt down, grabbing the end of the towel and lifting it up. Spiders fell from it. 

"Spiders." Dean looked up at Sam and I. "From Spider Boy?"

"Matt." Sam corrected. "Maybe."

___

By the end of the day, the sky had cleared as Dean killed the engine. On the other side of the road, Matt was getting off of the school bus. He walked around the bus and toward the woods.

"Isn't his house that way?" Dean asked, pointing in the opposite direction. 

"Yep." Sam sighed.

"So where's he going?" Dean questioned.

"By the looks of it, in the forest." I stated the obvious.

I open the car door as Sam and Dean to the same. I shut it behind me as Dean set his hand on my waist. We crossed the street and follow Matt into the woods.