Chapter 29

A/N: Hi, everyone! So today I have a little story for you all. It's kind of funny. So today (November 24th) we were putting up our Christmas tree. In my family we always go out and get a real tree and put it up the day after Thanksgiving (by the way, I hope you all enjoyed yours). 

So we got it all decorated and only had a few bows left to put up. So I did that. I finish tying the bow around one of the tree limbs and that's when the tree decided to fall right to floor.  Anyway, moral of the story is, Christmas trees hate me. 

So the holidays are starting out great for me. Hope you got a laugh out of my story. Anyway, onto the real reason you're here.

Asylum

Dean kept pulling at the door. "Kat, hang on!" He pulled out a crowbar, wedging it between the door and the frame, trying to pry it open.

"I don't think it's working." I say. "And it's awfully quiet in there."

"Oh, really?" Dean shot me a look. "I hadn't noticed that the door won't open." 

"Dean there's something in there with her." I grab Dean's arm as he continued to try and pry the door open.

"Is it trying to kill her?" Dean glanced at me.

"I...I don't think so." 

"What's going on?" Sam asked as he and a guy who I assume is Gavin ran up to us. Kat screamed.

"She's locked in there with one of 'em." Dean replied.

"Help me!" Kat screamed. 

"Kat!" Gavin screams.

"Get me out of here!"

"Just stop." I tell Kat. "Listen. He's not going to hurt you." 

"Listen to me, you have to face it. You have to calm down." Sam added. 

"She's gotta what?" Dean asked, looking at the two of us. 

"I have to what?!" Kat yelled.

"Just listen to him." I tell her. "He won't hurt you."

"These spirits don't want to hurt us, they want to communicate." Sam yelled back. "You gotta listen to it, you have to face it."

"You face it!" Kat screams. 

"It's the only way out. You have to."

"No!"

"Look at it, that's all. Come on, you can do it." 

It went silent on the other end of the door. Dean cast Sam and I a confused look. 

"Kat?" Gavin asked. 

"I hope you two are right about this." Dean says.

"Yeah, me too." Sam agreed. 

"We are." I assure them. "They won't hurt her." 

After a few more seconds, the lock clicked and Dean stepped back. The door swung open and Kat stood there. 

"Oh, Kat." Gavin sighed in relief. 

Sam, Dean, and I step into the room only to see it empty. 

"One-thirty-seven." Kat speaks up.

"Sorry?" Dean asked.

"He whispered in my ear, 137."

"Room number." Sam, Dean, and I say in unison.

Dean knelt down to the duffle bag, Sam and I following.