Chapter 10

Phantom Traveler 

Good Lord, save me.

I continue down the street, trying to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me. 

"Man, I look like one of the Blues Brothers." Dean says, running his hand over his chest. 

It was in fact the two brothers I saw. Dean Winchester in a suit and tie. 

"No, you don't." Sam tells him. "You look more like a seventh grader at his first dance."

"And what do we have here?" I ask, smiling as I fiddled with the hem of my pencil skirt. I had learned the hard way that I cannot pull of a pantsuit. 

Dean looked down at himself. "I hate this thing."

His eyes turned to me, moving up and down my body. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks. 

"You look...amazing, Si." Dean's eyes finally met mine.

At his compliment I felt my ego boost a bit. "Thanks."

"Hey, do you want into that warehouse or not?" Sam asked. 

I step in front of Dean as his shifted. "Quit fidgeting, you look fine." I brush my hands across his shoulders before adjusting his tie. 

~~~

After getting buzzed into the warehouse, we begin to move through the now detached plane pieces. 

Dean pulled out his EMF detector, placing an earbud in. 

"What is that?" Sam asked. 

"It's an EMF meter, reads electromagnetic frequencies." Dean replied. 

"Yeah, I know what an EMF meter is. But why does that one look like a busted up Walkman?" 

"'Cause that's what I made it out of." Dean smiled proudly. "It's homemade."

I smile. Dork.

"Yeah. I can see that." Sam nodded. 

"Don't be rude." I say as Dean's smile dropped. He turned, walking off with Sam and I following. 

I refrain from touching any of the broken plane part in case of the evidence. Suddenly, I run into something. Dean had stopped walking, causing me to run straight into his back. 

"Sorry." I muttered, smiling sheepishly as I noticed the EMF meter was lighting up. 

"Check out the emergency door handle." Dean shoved the handmade device in his pocket. He reached out, running his finger over the yellowish substance on the handle. "What is this stuff?"

"One way to find out." Sam pulled out a small plastic bag and a knife.

Dean wiped his hand on Sam's sleeve as the younger brother scraped some of the substance into the bag. 

"You know, this is probably sulfur." I shrugged as we walked toward the back door. 

We walk out of the door and into to parking lot. Dean peeked around the building before taking the lead and continuing. A alarm began to blare, making us speed up. 

Dean took off his suit jacket, tossing it to the top of the gate where barbed wire was strung. Sam and Dean jump the fence. 

"Come on, I got you." Dean held his arms out as I stopped at the top. 

I jump, my feet gently thudding against the ground as Dean caught me. He pulled his jacket down from the gate. 

"Wow, these monkey suits do come in handy." Dean remarked.