♦️S1.Heart Monitor Part 2♦️

So Scott, me, and Stiles all went to class."Let's go. Sit, sit, sit, sit. We have a lot to cover today. Let's go. Quicker." Coach says.

Scott sat down as Stiles and I got into the classroom." Hey, Stiles, Roma sit behind me," Scott says.

Allison beats us to it and we sit elsewhere."I haven't seen you all day," Allison says poking him."Uh, yeah. I've been, uh, super busy." Scott says lamely

"When are you gonna get your phone fixed? I feel like I'm disconnected from you." Allison complains

"Uh, soon. Real soon." Scott tells her.

"I changed lab partners, by the way," Allison tells him

"Oh. To whom?" Scott asks

"To you, dummy," Allison replies.

"Me? I mean, are you sure?" Scott says.

"Yeah. This way I have an excuse to bring you home and study. You don't mind, do you? Allison wonders.

"I just - I don't want to bring your grade down," Scott tells her.

"Well, I mean, maybe I can bring your grade up. Come to my place tonight. 8:30?" Allison informs Scott.

"Tonight?" Scott asks

"8:30," Allison says.

Suddenly a book slams down on the desk and everyone gets silent.

"Let's settle down. Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading. How about, uh - McCall." Coach says.

"What?" Scott asks.

"The reading?" Coach says looking at Scott.

"Last night's reading?" Scott gulps.

"How about, uh, the reading of the Gettysburg Address?" Coach asked sarcastically

"What?" Scott says.

"That's sarcasm. Are you familiar with the term "sarcasm," McCall?" Coach says

Scott looks to Stiles before answering

"Very," Scott says

"Did you do the reading or not?" Coach asks.

"Uh - I think I forgot," Scott says.

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're not averaging a "D" in this class. Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a "D." How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading? No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read - In your entire life?" Coach starts shouting.

"I - I, uh -" Scott stutters.

"No? A blog? How about, uh, how about, uh, the back of a cereal box? No?" Coach asked. "How about the adults-only warning from your favourite website you visit every night?" Coach questions as Scott shakes his head.

"Anything? Thank you, McCall, thank you. Thank you, McCall!" Coach continues to yell."Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation," Coach yells.

"You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading. All right. Everybody else, settle down." Coach shouts.

Stiles noticed the heart rate went up and then it went down because Scott was holding Allison's hand under the table.

I had left for home as I wanted to rest up so I asked Danny for a lift home which he obliged.