🦋S2.Battlefield Part 2🦋

Derek, me and Issac are stood together at the depot talking about the Kanima and Gerard."So what do we do?" Isaac asked.

"We get ready for a fight, Jackson is under Gerard's influence now, and we need to be ready to fight him and Jackson," I tell him as I get my weapons together whilst Derek stands by my side." Agreed so what should we do?" Issac asked.

"Well you just told me Jackson was at practice like nothing happened so that means Gerard is planning something, I think he's after Derek so I think he will threaten someone at the game tonight to get what he wants," I state and look up at Issac

"I need you on that field ready to protect the people from Jackson even if it means exposing yourself," I tell Issac.

I looked at Derek, "Our job is to find out what we can about The Kanima and how to bring Jackson back alive and break his bond with Gerard before he gets out of control," I told Derek who nodded in agreement with me.

Issac heads off to the field as we head off to the Hale house on my motorbike.

*

I'm currently at Derek's Old house looking through his family's books for ideas to help us."You've decided." Derek says turning to face Erica and Boyd."When?" He asked them.

"Tonight," Erica answers.

"Everyone's gonna be at the game." Boyd adds."We figured it was the best time."

"It's not like we want to," Erica says

Derek steps forward."What do you want?" He asked.

"Since I just turned sixteen a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license." Erica answers."I can't do that if I'm dead, you know."

"Well, I told you there was a price," Derek says.

"Yeah, but you didn't say it would be like this!" Boyd points out.

"Yeah, but I told you how to survive-- you do it as a pack. And you're not a pack without an Alpha."

Derek turns around."We know," Boyd says causing Derek to turn back around.

"You wanna look for another pack?" Derek realises."How are you even gonna find one?" Derek asks

"We think we already did," Boyd says."Like all of a sudden, we heard all this howling. It was unbelievable." Erica says

"There must have been a dozen of them-" Boyd says."Maybe more!" Erica exclaims."Yeah, or maybe only two. Do you know what the Beau Geste effect is? " Derek says.

"If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone, two wolves can sound like twenty." I interrupt.

"Look, that doesn't matter, okay?" Erica says."There's another pack out there. There's got to be. We've made up our minds." Erica says.

"Yeah. We lost, Derek. And it's over. We're leaving." Boyd concludes"No. No, you're running. And once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running" Derek says angrily.

The two leave and I go to comfort Derek. I see the effect this is having on him. Derek tenses up as he senses someone entering the house.

Derek picks up a broken piece of mirror and turns to throw it. I turn to see a very alive Peter Hale standing there with the mirror an inch away from his throat.

"I expected a slightly warmer welcome." Peter says."But." He says holding the glass up."Point taken." It's quite a situation you've gotten yourself in here, Derek," Peter says getting closer to us.

"I mean, I'm out of commission for a few weeks, and suddenly there's lizard people, geriatric psychopaths, and you're cooking up Werewolves from every self-esteem-deprived adolescent in town," Peter says.