🎆S3A.Fireflies P2🎆

Chris gathers with Scott, Derek, Isaac, and me in the woods. Chris sees the footprints and looks at Scott, Derek, and Issac."You're tracking them by print?" Chris questions."Trying to." Scott shrugs.

"Well, then you've been wasting your time. There's only one creature on earth that can visually track footprints, and that's man." Chris says

"And, if you're not trained like me, you have no idea that this print is Boyd's, Erica and these--" Chris begins to say.

"Are Cora's," Isaac answers confidently."Nope - they're yours. You trampled Cora's as soon as you walked over here." Chris says.

Issac's face falls at this."Listen, I know the three of you are focusing half your energy on resisting your urges under the full moon," Chris states

"But that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor, where you three are barely hitting the speed limit." Chris points out.

"So, what do we do?" Derek asks, irritated."Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred miles a day by scent." Argent tells Derek.

"A trained Hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two miles, which means we can draw them to us... or into a trap." Argent continues.

"The full moon does give us one advantage-- they'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared," Chris tells us, passing me a pair of goggles.

"Thanks, but I've got my own." Derek says, flashing his red eyes."Just remember, we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings." Chris states.

"Don't think they can't rely on that human side - it's suppressed, but it's there, reminding them how to mask their scent, how to cover their tracks, how to survive," Chris says.

We're all looking over at Beacon Hills from the preserve."When was the last time you saw your sister?" Chris asks."Not in years. I thought she died in the fire." Derek tells him.

"Do you feel like you have a lock on her scent?" Chris questions, and Derek shakes his head. Chris faces Scott, "Scott, how confident are you in your skills?" Chris asked."Honestly, most of the time, I'm trying not to think about all the things I can smell." Scott says.

"All right - The problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential area. Once they're past the high school, they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills." Chris states."They're not gonna kill everything they see, are they?" Isaac asks.

"No... But, there is an important difference to recognize. Wolves hunt for food - at a certain point, they get full." Chris tells us."But Boyd, Erica and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill for some apex predatory satisfaction that comes from the ripping of warm bodies to bloody shreds. And who knows when that need gets satiated?" Chris questions.

"We can't kill them." Scott says, and I nod in agreement."What if we can't catch 'em?" Derek wonders."Then maybe we just need to contain them. There's no one in the school at night, is there?" Chris asks.

"You want to trap them inside?" Derek asks."If there's a strong enough door, with no windows or access to the outside..." Chris shrugs.

"What about the boiler room? It's just one big steel door." Isaac suggests."You're sure the school's empty?" Chris questions."It has to be-- There can't be anyone there this late, right?" Scott says.

Chris gets these ultrasonic emitters that werewolves hate because of the noise they make."These are ultrasonic emitters-- it's one of the tools we use to corral Werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run. It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear." Chris says, pressing the emitters.

All three groan at the noise."God, no kidding!" Isaac groans, and Chris switches them off."These are gonna drive them to the school?" Derek asks.

"And then, it's up to you to get them into the basement." Chris tells us."Does anyone else want to rethink the plan where we just, uh... kill them?" Isaac asked, and I slapped the back of his head."Ow, mom." Isaac whines rubbing his head."It's going to work. It'll work." Scott says.

I groaned and I leaned against a tree and Derek came over to me." Now it's kicking in," I said with a pained."Please! Don't take her, she's everything to me," Derek yells holding me.

Isaac saw the blood and ran over to me as Scott did."No not her! Please! She's our anchor!" Isaac cries coming to lay by my side holding me."No not her! She is the light of our world," Scott yells.

"It's okay, D-don't blame yourself, it's not your fault," I said softly smiling at them."Derek take me to the spot where we met again, I'd like to go there," I said softly smiling at him." Anything for you baby girl," Derek says sadly." Isaac, Scott, run you clever boys and remember me," I said softly as I leaned into Derek's arms.

"Carry on with the job, I'll be back to help," Derek says numbly as he takes me to our spot. He holds me in his arms," I can't lose you, Roma, I was going to marry you," Derek says softly crying.

"Goodbyes aren't forever Derek," I said softly touching his cheek." Stay with me, and hold me before I go," I said leaning into his chest and nuzzling him as my body slowly gave up.

*3rd Pov*

Derek heard and felt Roma's heartbeat slow right down and he let out an almighty heartbreaking howl. He respectfully puts Roma on the tree stump not realising it is the nemeton and he goes to catch his pack and his sister."Goodbyes baby girl, I love you Roma Stillinski," Derek says softly crying.

Roma's body lay on the stump and a golden glow encircled her body and the stump. Her body was changing in more ways than one. She had horns growing out of her head and big black wings growing out her back.

She hasn't woken up yet as her transformation had not yet been completed. As this happens, Derek manages to capture his betas and sister in the boiler room. Everyone waited till the sun came up to check to see if they had passed out from exhaustion.

Three people were walking through the woods as one was flying above them with wings and horns. The one with wings and horns spotted Roma's body," Look there she is, the Tribrid being reborn and awakening," She pointed down to the nemeton.

"Let's go there and wait for her to wake up and show her we wish to be her pack and her friends," The redheaded girl spoke." We must protect her now as she will be powerful," The girl with the hijab spoke up.

"She is mated to Derek Hale right?" The preteen spoke up." She is and they will be the powerful duo of this town," The redhead spoke as they got to the nemeton and waited for Roma Stillinski to wake up.

Derek and Isaac mourned the loss of their Luna not realising she was coming back from the dead and with more power than anyone could predict.

Scott told Stiles, Lydia and Alison about Roma and everyone was devastated with the news. Stiles hasn't broken the news to his dad as he doesn't know how to tell him. He just grieves alone and lies in his twin's room.

Issac wraps himself up in Roma's blanket as Derek lays with him and they never leave each other's side that day.

*

Part Two of Fireflies is done ✔️ Roma is coming back in a powerful way 🙌

Ready for the next two chapters?

Ready for Roma to show her supernatural sides?

How was this chapter?

Excited for the rest of S3A?

Want more?