CHAPTER 56 : STRANGER

#SAT9S

DEDICATED TO : Angelica Verbo Lodevico

CHAPTER 56 : STRANGER

Further questions is uncalled-for. It would only add confusion. I refuse to know it myself. I may have loved her as a sister, or more than what I could offer to a friend. I leave it as a mystery, maybe because I'm a sucker for thrill. At first, I constrained that unusual feeling but in the end, I found out that it wasn't tolerable. I tried to resist and I failed for a few times. I remembered our escapes. Days that I indulge her caprices because I wanted her to decide on her own after a temporary freedom and lure. Ironically, at the end of our escape, I was the one who couldn't make a firm decision.

Three months after, I went back to New Zealand for business. Along with it was the excitement to see her again. That woman must be a witch who secretly made a potion to put me on state of great enticement. Minsan, iniisip ko kung bakit ganito kalala ang epekto niya sa akin.

"Napapadalas ata ang pagpunta mo sa NZ?" I was talking to Rex over the phone. He was on the countryside that time, working on his new project. Tinawagan ko siya ipaalam na nasa New Zealand ako.

"I thought you're in the city. Who's with Rhea by the way? Your father?" I asked.

"Bumalik na si Papa sa Pilipinas."

A frown started to form on my forehead. Iniwan nila si Rhea na mag-isa? "So, your sister is alone?"

Rex gave up a long sigh. "Yes. Akala ko alam mo. Di ba nag-uusap naman kayo ng kapatid ko? I thought she's getting closer to you?"

"What made you think that way?"

"A hunch."

I smirked. "I don't believe you, asshole." Sinabi siguro ni Ryan 'to sa kay Rex.

"Madalas ka niyang nakakausap, di ba?"

I didn't confirm it because I don't think  a 'twice-in-a-week' call was frequent. It should be 'everyday.' Our conversations weren't that long either. We just throw a simple greeting and usual questions, then end of the call. Very common. Was checking her out a bad idea?

"Is she done with her exam?"

"Sa susunod na araw pa."

Great timing.

"Hindi mo ba pinaalam sa kanya na nasa NZ ka ngayon?"

"I'll call her later."

"Ano nga palang aasikasuhin mo rito?"

"Same duties. Business, as usual."

"Are you planning to visit, Rhea?"

"Yeah, after her exams."

"She'll be surprise."

"That's the goal."

"Are you planning something? Parang hindi maganda ang kutob ko sa pagbisita mo ngayon."

I chuckled. "Paranoia can cause heart attack. Calm down, asshole. I don't have plans."

"Hindi ako naniniwala sayo. May balak ka bang ligawan ang kapatid ko?" His tone laced with a warning.

I smirked on his conclusion. "I just want you to know I don't do courtings. That's a bull."

"Yeah. Because you're a shameless flirt." He said drily. Then, he became serious. "Come on, Shinn. Spare my sister from your hook." That was a straight forward plea from Rex.

Rex may sound euphonious but I know for a fact that under his words was a grave threat. Ryan gave me the same warning, but I shrug it off. Si Roy na lang ang hindi nagbibigay ng opinyon. Hindi ako umaasang kakausapin niya ako tungkol kay Rhea dahil madalas ay wala siyang pakialam.