CHAPTER 58 : CAPS

#SAT9S

DEDICATED TO : Mary Rose Echiverri

CHAPTER 58 : CAPS

The words I've spilled weren't meant as lies but as a promise. Rhea will get over him. Not now but someday.

Asking them is foolish. I would rather find the answers alone. Wala akong mapapala kay Roy at hindi ako aasang magsasalita si Ren Delgado. He left without giving vicious threats, nor uttering a single word. He didn't answer. After a few seconds of being still, he made his way out. I was left confound. I expected him to fight like the way he burst the other night. I expected him to retaliate me after that provocation and I'm surprised that he didn't. He's fervent for a moment, impassive in a blink. He left without Rhea being aware of his visit. Whatever his purpose of coming in NZ was left as a big question mark.

I wonder if he was about to ask for a chance or maybe a proper closure. A chance would be automatically given for sure considering that Rhea also wants him back. I'm sure she would agree right away. No hesitations, nor second thoughts. He would easily get her. But if it was the latter, that wouldn't make sense. It's unnecessary. Alam ng lahat na tapos na sila. Alam na rin nila sa kanilang sarili 'yon at hindi na dapat ulit-ulitin pa.

I don't want to hide it to Rhea but Roy didn't speak either. Kung tutuusin ay napakadaling sabihin ngunit walang nagsalita sa aming dalawa. Hinayaan ko na lang. Hindi niya ako kinausap maliban nung umuwi si Rex at saka naman siya umalis pabalik sa New York.

"Sana hindi ka na magtagal rito." He was cold, not to mention, he's disgusted. Ilang linggo natang lumipas matapos ang engkwentro namin pero mukhang hindi pa rin siya nakakabawi.

I smirked, testing his temper for more thrill. "You're not the one who's going to decide that matter."

"Ayokong mapalapit ka pang lalo sa kapatid ko." Diretso niyang sambit. "Maslalala ang lagay niya kung mananatili ka sa tabi niya. I suggest, bumalik ka na sa Massachusetts."

"And what if I don't?" I challenged him. Hindi na siya nagsalita.

I was more tempted to ask the Marvals but I dismissed the idea right away. Roy will not tell me. I bet on that. He's not the type and I know he's still pissed. The chance of knowing his side is impossible as of this moment. However, my instincts told me that he did something to his sister's ex. I just can't point it out. Siguro pinagbantaan niyang huwag lumapit. That one is possible considering that Rex is overly protective of Rhea. I'm not sure if his brothers knew what's going on,

It was obvious that he despised me. Gusto ko naman siyang inisin lalo. But I guess, he's right. Rhea's doctor advise me to let her stand on her own. Para raw masanay siyang hindi dumidepende sa iba. It's for her own benefit. Her psychiatrist said the patient will have a fast  recovery once she gain her confidence back. Gusto ng doktor na hayaan ko si Rhea na mag-isa para makausad siya kahit papaano.

Half of me agrees because it's part of her therapy. The other half disagrees because of my selfishness. Leaving her at this point is as close of leaving her behind. Parang iiwan ko siyang nasa ere. Ayokong gawin pero dumating sa punto na siya na mismo ang nagpapaalis sa akin. Sinabi siguro ng doktor niya ang tungkol ro'n.

"I'll be fine. Kakayanin ko." She assured me.

"You sure?"

"Gusto ko talagang makaahon, Shinn." She whispered. "Gusto kong-"

"Sshh." I made her stop. "You don't have to explain."

If she ever had a chance to meet Ren that night, ganito pa rin kaya ang pipiliin niya? I don't think so. She would definitely go after him. Magpapakalunod sa sarili niyang kahibangan para magkabalikan sila ni Ren. I don't want to see her on state of desperation. Hindi 'yon bagay sa kanya. I want to keep my first impression on her, strong and feisty. Dapat lahat ng gusto niya ay nakukuha niya. She deserves to have it all. Hindi niya kailangang mainggit.