LAST CHAPTER : COBY RAMIREZ

#SAT9S

DEDICATED TO : REINALYN ANN GALANG

(Note : Wala lang. Huwag niyo sana ako murahin. Iyon lang. Lol.)

LAST CHAPTER : COBY RAMIREZ

"Ready?" Artemis wears the biggest and brightest smile I've ever seen on her. I couldn't help but smile back as my eyes darted down on her big tummy that stretches her white dress. I'm expecting my nephew in three months.

"I've never seen it 'that' big."

She giggles. "Is that a subtle way of telling me that I'm fat?"

I shook my head in disagreement. "I didn't say anything like that. I think you should wear a loose dress, and not as tight as what you're wearing right now."

"I'm okay, Coby. Don't fret. The dress is nice and it's not tight. Akala mo lang." She pouts and I have no other choice but sigh. I know I'm going to lose in one pleading. For heaven's sake, she's pregnant and upsetting her is the least thing that I want to do today.

"You look good in black tux." Her eyes twinkled.

I grinned. "This is her choice."

"She always has a great taste. Especially on choosing the right one to marry." She fixed her gaze on me. Naluluha ang kapatid ko habang nakatitig sa akin. I chuckled as I come closer. I wipe her tears with my thumb. "The same title goes for you. Finally, huh? You've been waiting for so long."

"Yeah." I murmured. "Finally."

I still remember everything, everything that happened before we got here. I got tested. I've always thought that a perfect timing is everything. Waiting is not a big deal for a man who possessed a great patience. I always remind myself that it would lessen my struggles in the future. It would lessen the pain. What I didn't know is it also lessened my faith in love as I wait.

Who am I kidding? Pain has no exemptions, no restrictions. No matter how patient I had been, pain and aches would still come for me. We cannot dodge or escape it if it's meant for us. No matter how kind we had been and how good our intentions are, you would feel pain like it's naturally inflicted. Sometimes, the level exceeds your expectations. It could be higher, more painful, and the worst thing after it is there's no guarantee of a happy ending.

I'm lucky to have mine and I think, I just get what I deserve to have.

I have no power to force someone to marry me. My guts would surely betray me and I don't have the heart to do so, no matter how much I loved the woman. But I got the chance to offer myself and the decision was all hers if she would accept me or not. It's a win or lose, all or nothing game.  Ang kailangan ko lang gawin ay maghintay sa desisyong gagawin niya.

Inisip ko kasi na minsan lang ako magmahal. Kindness is universal but love is not for general. What I show to the world is a selfless part of me. The other part is reserve and uncontrollable. I could say my heart is very stubborn. My demands have been disposed. Kung kaya ko lang pumili ng mamahalin, dati pa sana nangyari 'to. Kung kaya lang magdikta kung anong mas tamang gawin, wala sana akong masasaktang tao. I couldn't stand to hurt other people but sadly, I ended up hurting some including myself.

"Lahat ata kayo, iiwan at iiwan ako. I thought you won't leave. Na-delay lang pala." That was what Rhea said when I told her that I'm going back to Korea.

The truth is I never wanted to be away from her but the situation wasn't as bad as before. It got worse, not to mention, toxic for all of us. We have to take a break. If I stay with her, I'm certain one of us will break and I couldn't trust myself after that. The last resort is to go far away from here.