CHAPTER 57 : COWARD

#SAT9S

Dedicated to : Melanie Ibanez Gantan

( Note : Don't mind my errors. Type and post ang ginawa ko. :) )

CHAPTER 57 : COWARD

I spit the blood in my mouth while throwing him a deadly glare. I stand up quickly, planning to assault him back. That was a big blow. He wasn't even familiar. I got a solid punch from a fucking stranger. Not to mention, he interrupted us. I've been into brawls  and one-on-one tussle is just a cinch. I was about to take a step but there was something in his expression that made me pause. I could see hatred, disgust, and disappointment. One sudden moment, he looked like he's in deep pain. Then, it quickly shifted to bitter cold.

Who is he?

He struggles on her grip. Pilit na kumakawala sa babaeng pumipigil sa kanya. The girl was obviously making him stop. She's also unfamiliar. Who are these people?

"Ren, tama na. Alis na tayo. S-Saka na lang-"

"No!" He tries to get away but the girl slapped him. Napatuwid ako ng tayo.

"Tama na nga! Makinig ka naman, Ren!"

The stranger froze, so do I. He looked at her, shocked. While my stares remained fixed on the stranger. A second of reckoning comes. If that's his fucking name, then he's probably Rhea's ex.

For whatever reason, I found myself smirking at the thought. That unpleasant smile had shown how pleased I am to myself, and how glad I am to see that the son-of-a-bitch is in trouble. I should've welcomed him with pleasure. My bad. I didn't know that I've got unwanted visitors. What a great timing.

The girl clutched his shirt. She's whispering something to him. I crossed my arms as I watched them with mild amusement. Oh, I know she wants to drag him out of here but sorry, baby, no one enters hell without facing the devil. If there'll be able to escape now and I would hunt him down. Hindi sila pwede tumakas ng gano'n na lang. Finally, huh?

"This is quite a surprise." That wasn't a word for him, but for myself. I didn't see this coming. I thought he already abandoned Rhea. What is he doing here then? What's with his punch? What triggered him to do such foolish act? Regret? Jealousy? Oh, come on. . .

The fucker turn his head and gave me a dagger stare. He must've heard me. The tension crawls in the air. Those stares were meant to kill me. I stared back. Letting him know that I'm not afraid to be killed. No forewarnings needed. I believe I have all the advantage. I can create a bigger damage. Para kaming mga bombang sasabog anumang oras.

"Nice to meet you." I said in a polite manner with a big rough-hewn smile on my face. Too polite to the point of rudeness.

"Who are you?" He spit the question with a threat after my answer. This man is obviously bitter.

I shrugged my shoulders. The tension kept on rising but I remained calm to piss him more. "That should've been my line."

He didn't speak for a long moment. The emotions in his eyes was gone. Suddenly, he became unreadable and expressionless. That thought bothered me for a second. Rhea, at certain times, she told me what kind of person he is. I tried to connect her stories from what I'm seeing right now.

Those were the days that she tried to make me comprehend their both sides. I already know hers. I witnessed some by myself. I've always been with her whenever she tries to escape, also when she tried to end her life because she thought it was the best choice she can have. I commiserate with Rhea on her loss.

"I know it's my fault." She wanted to take the blame and  defend him. I shook my head in disappointment.

"After all the shits you've been through? Really?" My voice laced with sarcasm.