Chapter 61: Soten

3rd Person's POV

Shippo sat on the hillside with the wind blowing by. It was a peaceful day. There hadn't been any sign of demons or Naraku so he could relax a bit. It's such a nice day, The fox demon thought as he looked at the clouds rolling by. One cloud reminded him of his top and another looked like his weeping mushrooms. However, there was one cloud that caught his attention; it was a cloud shaped like the head of a familiar young woman that Shippo saw as a second Mother. Kagome, I hope you're okay. Inuyasha won't admit it, but he's worried sick about you. I know Izayoi misses you too. When will I see you again?

Just as he was thinking, he felt something hit his head. "Oww!" He cried as he rubbed his head. He then looked around in anger to see if he could find the person who threw the object. "Show yourself coward!" When he saw no one, Shippo looked down to see what had been thrown at him. It was an acorn. It wasn't just any acorn though, it was laughing? "A laughing acorn? This looks like magic."

That's when he heard someone laughing from the treeline. He looked up to see a figure shrowded in the darkness. The person stepped out into the light and Shippo eyes widened in shock. The person giggled. "Don't you remember me Shippo?"

Izayoi's POV

It was absolutely gorgeous day outside. It was also peaceful, which was a relief. As I sat down and watched the grass sway in the wind, I saw Papa sitting underneathe a tree all by himself, as usual. He looked like something was weighing on his mind. I knew that he wouldn't talk to me about it, but I at the moment I was foolish enough to believe he would open up to me.

I sat down next to Papa under the tree and just stayed there with him. He didn't object to me sitting with him. "Um, Papa," I began. "Are you alright?"

He didn't give a response. All he did was stare out into the distance.

"Papa, you have to talk to me. You can't ignore forever."

"I'm not trying to ignore you." Papa spoke. "I just want time to think."

"I see...Can't you at least tell me what's wrong?"

Before I could a response out of Papa, I heard the sound of Shippo screaming. Papa and I quickly got off of the floor and made our way over to where we heard the screaming coming from. Ayuma, Kayuma, and Mochigo were there by the time we made it to where Shippo's scream came from. When we got there, what we found was both shocking and hilarious; Shippo was running away from a female demon with black hair, red eyes, fair skin, and strange armour on. She was chasing Shippo around as he ran in circles.

"Get back here Shippo!" she called out.

"I told you no already!" Shippo yelled before jumping into the air and transforming into his pink ballon form. "Ha ha! You can't catch me now!"

The girl growled before a pair of spinning wheels appeared on her feet and she gave chase to Shippo. "You will be mine Shippo!"

Seeing as we had to intervine, Ayuma called for Kilala and had the cat demon transform so that Papa and I could get up there and help Shippo. I got my arrows ready as I aimed for the girl and Papa was ready to use the Wind Scar. As we got into range, Papa began to speak again; "Great it's a memeber of the thunder demon tribe."

"The thunder demon tribe?" I asked.

"Yeah. I dealt with them before. I can do it again."

Just when Papa was about to swing his sword, Shippo interrupted; "Stop!" He yelled and Kilala stopped in mid-air. The thunder demon tribe girl stopped as well.

"What's the big idea Shippo?! Why did you tell me to stop?!"

"Because you were going to kill her!"

"She's trying to kill you!" I rebutted.

"No I'm not!" the girl corrected. "I didn't come to kill Shippo; I came because I want him to be my mate! He promised me that I would be his bride!"

"HUH?!" To say were all shocked would be a lie; we were all really shocked.

*************

After we were all back on the ground, questions were asked; "So what do you mean Shippo promised he would be your mate?" Mochigo asked.

The girl, who was named Soten, then explained it to us the whole thing while a deep blush was on her face; "It was a little while back. We were both under a tree and he and I were watching the sunset. We were so close to each other and then I said, 'Shippo, when we grow up, I want to get married.'

"He replied, 'Maybe. I guess that means you'll be my bride.'"

We were all had sweatdrops on our heads. "That's not exactly a promise," Kayuma pointed out.

"Exactly!" Shippo agreed. "Which means I don't have to be your mate!"

Even though Shippo sounded like he didn't like Soten, I could tell he liked Soten and she definitely liked him. They looked a cute little couple too. Then again, I could be wrong.

"But Shippo-" Soten began.

"No buts Soten. I just don't like you that way. Now please just let me-"

"Please just hear me out Shippo," Soten begged.

"Go ahead. Let her speak." Ayuma spoke.

"Thank you. Please, Shippo. If you don't become my mate, then I'll die."

"WHAT?!"

Shippo seemed very shock when he heard this because he soon listened closer. "You see, there's a tradition in the thunder demon tribe. If I am not mated in two days, on my birthday, then I'll be killed by the thunder demon curse. Please help me."

Sorry for not updating! Anyway, what will happen to Soten? Will Shippo marry her? Well find out next time.