Chapter 81: Kagome Side-Lined?

It's official; Inuyasha: The Story Continues has reached 100K! Oh my gosh! What do you guys think I should to landmark this historic milestone? Let me know in the comments. Please enjoy!

Izayoi's POV

I couldn't believe what Tsuyo had done for me. It was something else. I felt like the most special girl in the world. Koga was very proud of Tsuyo for sticking it to Daichi and showing that little punk for.

A few days later, we made our way back to Kaede's village, where my friends and parents agreed to meet up at when the gathering was all over. Tsuyo took me all the way to my hut, where I expected my parents to be. "So, this is my stop," I joked, getting off Tsuyo's back. "I could've ran some of the way though." 

"I just wanted to make sure you made it straight home, you know, since the whole thing with Naraku," Tsuyo stated. 

"Right, right." To be honest, I had completely forgotten about that during the whole gathering of the wolf demons. It was time to get down to business now, time to put together a strategy against Naraku and take him out before him or one of his incarnations got to me. 

"Welp, home sweet home," Tsuyo commented, making me chuckle. 

"Yep, where my angry Father is probably ready to shout at the top of his lungs at me for running off like that." 

"Well, if you make it through, I'll drop by with some flowers to congratulate you on survival." 

I play-punched him in the arm. "You're a jerk." 

He then looked me in the eyes and smiled. We both leaned in to kiss each other goodbye when the curtain that covered the entrance to the hut parted and revealed my angry Papa on the other side of it. "What do you think you're doing you mangy wolf?!" He shouted at Tsuyo. 

"Well, that's my cue to split," Tsuyo said, quickly backing out of Papa's range. "See you Izayoi!" Tsuyo then turned tail and ran as fast as he could out of the village while Papa shouted at him. 

"Try anything like that again and I'll choke the life out of you!" He threatened. 

"Papa!" I scolded. 

When Tsuyo was out of sight, Papa smiled and then busted out laughing like he had heard the funniest joke in the world, which confused me. 

"Uh, Papa? Are you okay?" 

"Man, he fell for it!" He laughed, holding his sides before looking at me. "You fell for it too Izzy!" 

"What are you....wait a minute." I stopped upon realizing that he had called me Izzy, which was something Papa rarely did. He always called me by my full name. I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked. "You got me, Shippo. You're getting better at your transformations." 

Shippo chuckled and changed back into his real form. "Thanks Izzy. I've been practicing. Anyway, Kagome and Inuyasha are inside. Kagome's resting up right now." 

That caught my attention. Why would Mama be resting in the middle of the day? She wasn't one for afternoon naps. "Is she sick?" I inquired. 

Shippo didn't answer. He just gestured me to go inside, as if he were silently telling me to go have a look for myself. I listened to the silent heed and went into the hut to find Papa in his and Mama's bedroom, with Mama fast asleep on the mattress on the floor. Papa hovered over like a dog watching- you know what, I'm not even going to make that analogy. You get the point though; he seemed worried. When he finally noticed my presence, he quietly got up off the floor and went over to hug me. 

"Sorry for being gone so long," I apologized before looking over at Mama. "Is Mama okay?" 

"She just needs to get rest is all," Papa stated. "The doctor came by earlier and said she just needed to rest for a bit."