Chapter 66: The Internal Fight

Izayoi's POV

The grownups sat and listened as we explained what had happened to them after Naraku had kidnapped them from the moment they disappeared, Mochigo's wind tunnel, Kagura and Kanna being brought back, the attacks on us, and my demon transformation. Mama tried her best not to cry as she listened to the story about her attacking us and I hugged her in reassurance.

We didn't mention anything about Arrosa's parentage. All we said was that Naraku killed her Mother and that she was working with us to help destroy him once and for all. It was hard to see the grownups listen to the stories we had to tell, but they needed to know what had happened.

After we were done explaining what our parents had missed, Mama and I took a walk with each other next to the lake that was nearby. The whole time, Mama had her arm wrapped around my shoulders. She and I didn't speak as we walked. We just enjoyed each others' company.

Then Mama sat down next to the lake. She gestured me to sit down right next to her. I did and laid my head on her shoulder. She took a deep breath in and then spoke; "Izayoi, I can't apologize enough for all the things you went through."

"Mama, you don't need to apologize," I insisted as I took her hand and squeezed it. "It's not your fault that things happened."

"But I almost killed you!" Mama cried. I looked at her to see rivers of years streaming from her eyes. "I almost killed you Izzy. I almost killed my baby."

"Mama," I wrapped my arms around her neck and held her as she cried into my shoulder. "It's okay Mama, it's okay." I never thought I would have to comfort my Mama. She had always comforted me when I was little with sometimes it being because I had hurt myself, When I was afraid of something, or if I was frustrated about something. The comforted had become the comforter.

3rd Person's POV

Arrosa watched as Izayoi sat with her Mother and comforted her. She didn't want to admit it, but she was jealous of Izayoi and the others. They were reunited with their parents, something she would never get the opportunity to have. Her Mother was dead and her Father was Naraku, the definition of evil. She was never going to have a warm family moment like they were. I need to find Naraku's weakness and destroy him once and for all, she thought as she looked down at her hands.

Then she heard an evil cackle in her head. It belonged to Naraku. She had heard it plenty of times to know that it was his. You can't destroy me Arrosa, Naraku taunted. You may despise me, but I'm still your Father. You can't find the strength to do so.

"Be quiet Naraku," Arrosa whispered. "I will make sure you're destroyed once and for all to avenge my Mother."

As she walked away, Arrosa ran into Inuyasha, who looked at her and glared. She just stared blankly at him. "What were you doing?" Inuyasha growled. "Why were you watching my wife and daughter?"

"I did not mean any harm Inuyasha," Arrosa answered. "I was just observing Izayoi and Kagome's interactions with each other. It has been many years since I had had an interaction with my Mother and was wondering if it was as I had remembered it."

"Don't give me that crap!" he shouted. "I know you're up to something! Your Naraku's daughter. No matter what you do, you'll always be related to the beast who caused this mess to begin with. That will never change."

Arrosa stared at Inuyasha, seemingly unaffected by Inuyasha's words. However, on the inside, she felt nothing but pain and hurt from his words. He basically told her that she was always going to be a monster and nothing would ever change that. That was the complete opposite of what Izayoi told her.

Not wanting to hear another word from him, Arrosa walked past Inuyasha and made her way back to the campsite to get some sleep, making it clear that she would leave on her own first thing in the morning.

Izayoi's POV

Mama and I watched the whole scene between Papa and Arrosa. Since Mama hadn't yet been told of Arrosa's parentage so when she heard she was related to Naraku, Mama gasped in shock. Still, she didn't particularly like the way Papa had spoken to Arrosa.

"Why do we let this girl stay with us?" he said to himself. "She's dangerous."

Mama coughed, making Papa turn to look at us. He gulped when he saw Mama with an angry look on her face. Before Mama could let Papa speak, she said the words he dreaded so dearly: "Sit Boy!"

Papa landed face-first into the ground and made a deep indent in the ground. I think he even swallowed some grass too.

"How dare you speak to Arrosa like that Inuyasha!" she shouted.

"Kagome you don't understand," Papa tried to explain. "She's-"

"Naraku's child, I heard!"

"Then you know she's dangerous!"

"Izayoi also informed me that she is Kikyo's child as well, meaning that she is not all evil."

"Kagome, we can't trust her!"

"Inuyasha!"

"Stop it!" I finally yelled after having enough of the fighting. The two looked at me with wide eyes of shock. "You two have to stop fighting. This is going to get us nowhere. If you guys fight, then you're giving into what Naraku wants. I understand this is all a lot, but we need to stick together. We need to do that in order to figure out how to fight Naraku."

The two blinked at me in shock and then at each other. Mama was the first to speak; "Inuyasha, she's right. This fighting is getting us nowhere." She took his hands and held them tightly. "I understand your concern, but we have to trust Izayoi's judgment. She knows Arrosa better than we do."

Papa sighed. "All right. But the first sign of trouble and she's out of here."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around the both of them.

I know it's been a long time since I've updated and I'm sorry. I've been so busy with school and the holidays. Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!