Chapter 11: To See Totosai

Izayoi's POV 

After the whole mess with the dark priestess happened, we continued to journey around to try and find any leads that could lead us to Naraku. As we were walking around, I kept thinking about the priestess that had saved us before. Who was she? And why did she save us? 

"You okay Izayoi?" Mochigo asked. 

"I'm fine, really." I answered.  See that's what I like about Mochigo. He's a great friend who will make sure that you're okay but will let you have your personal space. 

That's when we heard the moo of a cow. "Do you hear that?" Ayuma asked. 

"Yeah, but where's it coming from?" Kayuma asked. "There's no cattle around here." 

Suddenly, something appeared to be falling from the sky. We all watched with caution at the item falling from the sky. When it landed on the ground, we saw that it was a cow. Wait a minute, how does a cow fall from the sky?! 

"What the heck?!" I asked.

That's when I felt something bite me. I slapped a hand to my cheek and and then a small flea floated down into my hand. It popped up quickly, as if nothing happened. "It's great to see you again Lady Izayoi." the flea greeted. 

"Myoga?" I asked. "What're you doing here?" 

"Lady Izayoi, Master Totosai wishes to see you right away." 

"Did you say Totosai?" Kayuma asked. "The Master of swords that formed Tensoga, Tensaga, and Tessiga?" 

"That's right." Myoga said. "Let's hurry Lady Izayoi. Totosai can't be kept waiting." 

"But what about you guys?" I asked, looking at my friends. 

"We'll just head back to Kaede's village and wait for you there." Ayuma told me.

"Are you sure guys?" I asked. 

"Positive," Shippo answered. "We'll wait there for you." 

I nodded and then hopped on top of the cow. Myoga got on my shoulder and then the cow rose in the air. It flew through the clouds and towards a mountain where a cave was waiting. 

When I went inside, I saw an old man was working on some demon swords. "Um, excuse me," I said in a small voice. "Are you Totosai?" 

Totosai turned to look at me and then placed the sword he was working on on the ground. "Ah, you're Inuyasha's daughter, Izayoi," Totosai said. "Please come in." 

I sat down on the ground across from Totosai and waited for him to speak. "Izayoi, let me see your sword." Totosai instructed. 

"Okay," I answered, pulling the sword out of its sheath.

I handed it over to the old man who kept looking at it. He turned it in his hands and kept saying things like "Mmm" and "Oh". Finally he placed it on the ground. "I must say, you've done a better job taking care of your sword than Inuyasha did when I first met him," Totosai inquired. "But it seems you haven't been able to unlock its full potential either." 

I blinked it confusion. "I haven't?" I asked. "But, I don't understand. I have mastered all of Papa's moves using my sword, what else do I need to do Totosai?" 

"That's the thing," Totosai said as he stirred a pot that sat over a fire. "You're using your Father's moves. Have you ever mastered your own?" 

"Mastered my own?" I hadn't ever really thought of coming up with my own moves. I had always thought that Papa had mastered so much that maybe there was no other moves needed to be learned. "No, I haven't." 

"Then that's the problem, you need to Master your own moves. You cannot rely on your Father's moves forever you know." 

"But Totosai, how do I do that?" 

"It's s obvious, you must build up your own strength in order to learn your own moves." 

"I don't have time for that. Papa and Mama are in Naraku's hands and their lives are in danger! There must be a way for me to learn a move faster." 

"Boy she acts just like her Father, short-tempered and rude." Totosai whispered to Myoga. 

I growled and made Tensoga into a fang and had it right in front of Totosai threateningly. "What was that?!" I growled. 

"Nothing." Totosai told me. 

I sighed in sheathed the sword. I then went on top of Totosai's cow and made my way to Kaede's village. I just have to unlock the power in my sword. How? I have to become stronger. When can I do that? I don't have time! 

When I landed in Kaede's village, I went to the hut that belonged to my family. Inside it was quiet, which was unusual. I missed the sounds of and smells of the hut. Most of all, I missed my family. I just want them back. 

Totosai has told Iziyaoi how to get stronger. But can she actually learn a new move for her sword? Find out next time readers.