Chapter 33: Kilala's Transformation

Arrosa has now joined the group on their quest for Naraku. But, what will happen now? 

Izayoi's POV

After allowing Arrosa to travel with us, we continued on our journey to find Naraku. Now I know what you’re thinking, why would you allow the daughter of your enemy to join you on your journey? Because, she saved my skin more than once so I owe her. Plus Naraku killed her Mother right in front of her when she was 7-years old. I still am watching her, just in case she tries something but I don’t think Arrosa is evil.

While we were on the road, we were attacked by several ogre demons. As we were fighting, I noticed Arrosa from the corner of my eye. She was so calm as she fired her arrows at the demons- making them disintegrate. It was as if fighting became second instinct to her.

When the ogres were gone, I noticed that our small companion, Kilala, was missing. “Hey guys, where’s Kilala?” I asked.

The others looked around, wondering the same thing. “Kilala?” Ayuma called out.

“Kilala?” Kayuma called out. 

"Where are you Kilala?" Mochigo called out. 

Searching went on for several minutes and we had nothing on our friend. "Hey guys, look at this." Shippo said after a while. 

We looked over where he was and saw that he was kneeling near a bush and went to his side. I was shocked to see a young woman, maybe in her twenties, unconscious on the ground. She was no ordinary woman though. This woman had blonde hair, a black diamond shape on her forehead, black demon markings on her cheeks, pointy ears, and twin-tails that reminded me of Kilala's tail on her back. She was wearing a pink kimono with black bottoms. 

"What the?" I asked. 

"I found this woman just laying here." Shippo explained. 

"Doesn't she look like Kilala?" Kayuma questioned. 

"She kind of does, but how is it possible?" Ayuma asked. 

Suddenly, the woman began to move. She slowly sat up and opened her eyes to reveal her black eyes. She blinked and then yawned, revealing her fangs. She looked at us and smiled. "Hi guys." she said. 

"Uh, do we know you?" Mochigo asked. 

"Of course, it's me Kilala." the woman answered. 

"Kilala?!" we all gasped at the same time. 

************************

"I can explain what's going on here," Arrosa said. "It appears that Kilala has been transformed by an herbal drink known as 'Lotus Juice'."

"Lotus Juice?" I asked. 

"Yes," Arrosa began. "You see, Lotus Juice is a liquid that is used by demons in order to gain human forms. Many of them use it to cause havoc on humans. When a demon drinks the liquid, they recieve human forms. But my question is, how did you get it Kilala? Lotus Juice is very hard to come across and is not found in this reigon." 

"Well you see, as we were fighting those ogers, I noticed a carriage going by," Kilala told us. "I went to check it out and found that there was a demon in the back. There were also some large crates full of a strange green liquid inside.I snuck inside and when I did, the demon inside noticed me. It tried hitting me but I kept dodging until I landed in some of the water. Of course I licked it off of my paws but as I was doing so, I was knocked out of the carriage and into the bush." 

"Now that explains everything." I said. 

"We have to find those demons." Arrosa said in a serious voice.