Chapter 18: The Return of Wind and Nothingness

Izayoi's POV

I sniffed the ground thoroughly, trying to find any traces of Naraku. I came up empty handed though."Darn," I said. "It's like Naraku's gone off the grid or something."

"There must be some way to track him down." Ayuma huffed.

"Well if there is, I'm open to suggestions." Mochigo spoke.

We all looked at each other and sighed. We were going on hunches that barely led us anywhere. As we all continued walking, a scent that sent sent shivers down my spine appeared. "Guys, stop for a second." I told the others.

They all stopped and looked back at me. "What's wrong Izayoi?" Kayuma asked.

"I think I smell Naraku." I said.

"Where?! Which way?!" Ayuma asked in a bit of a panic.

I sniffed the air. "This way." I told them, pointing a little towards the South. I led the way through the thick woods, following the scent of Naraku. We were going to find him. We were actually going to catch him!

When we finally were out of the woods, I was disappointed to find an empty field. Everyone caught up with me and became disappointed as well. "Where's Naraku?" Mochigo asked.

"I'm telling you guys, I had Naraku's scent," I explained. "I just don't understand."

"Dance of Blades!" a voice yelled. Suddenly, a wind attack was heading our way. We didn't have time to dodge it so Mochigo and I put up a barrier to block the attack. When it died down, we both allowed the barrier to fall.

"What was that?" Kayuma asked.

The evil laughter of a woman was then heard. We looked a little bit down from the field and saw a woman with feathers in her hair, a pink kimono on, and dark red eyes standing there with a fan in her hands.

"K-k-k-kagura?" Shippo stuttered.

"What?!" Mochigo, Ayuma, Kayuma and I gasped at the same time.

3rd Person's POV

Arrosa was making her way through the countryside when she had a feeling overcome her. She turned around and saw that a young girl with white hair and a mirror was standing right behind her. 

"Who are you?" Arrosa asked, reaching for her arrows. 

"I am Kanna," the girl answered. "Naraku has sent me to steal your soul." 

Before Arrosa could react, Kanna made Arrosa reflection appear on the mirror. However, Arrosa's soul was not pulled from her body. 'Why is her soul not coming?' Kanna thought. 

"Kanna, I have no wish to harm you," Arrosa spoke. "But if you were sent by Naraku then tell him this;" She turned and began to walk away. "Tell him that I never wish to join him." 

Kanna just stood there and watched as the priestess walked away. 

Izayoi's POV 

I growled as I held Tensoga in my hands. "Kagura, why are you doing this?" Shippo asked. "You despise Naraku! He killed you before. 

"That may be true," Kagura spoke. "But Naraku still holds my heart in his hands! Even when I was sure I was free, Naraku brought me back to live this horrible life once more. This time though, I shall live! Dance of the Dragon!" 

The attack was coming our way but I had Tensoga ready. "Backlash wave!" I yelled, sending Kagura's attack right back at her. 

Kagura quickly grabbed a feather from her hair and was off in the air. We watched as she made her escape. 

"Darn it!" I said with a stomp of my foot. "I can't believe she got away!" 

"It makes you wonder though," Mochigo said. "Why would Naraku wish to bring back Kagura? Kagura had rebelled against him so why bring her back?" 

"Maybe it's a part of his plan or whatever." Kayuma said. 

'Yeah but what is it?' I thought. 

3rd Person's POV 

Kagura flew to Naraku's castle in a short amount of time. "Naraku," Kagura spoke as she "I don't see what the point was of going to deal with those children."

"It was just to give them a warning, my dear Kagura." Naraku spoke.

"A warning?" Kagura questioned. "What's the warning for?"

Naraku stood from his spot on the floor. "The warning is for when I shall come."