Chapter 62: Marriage?

Izayoi's POV

Shippo looked like he wasn't sure what on what to do. I knew he wanted to help but he also looked like he wasn't ready to get involved with such a huge commitment. I mean, it's marriage for goodness sake! You know, "bound for life" and all?

Then Shippo did something that I still find ridiculous; he ran away from the scene. I went to check on him though. When I did, I found him by a river, poking at the water with a tree branch he had found. I sat down next to him. "How you feeling buddy?" I asked.

"Nervous, scared, and a lot of other things," Shippo sighed. "I wanna help Soten, but I don't want to get married! I'm still just a kid!"

"Just a kid my foot!" I huffed. "You told me you were a full-grown adult!"

"Well, uh-"

I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for an answer. Then another sigh escaped Shippo; "I'm just, nervous."

Again I sighed, but not of frustration. "I understand Shippo. This is a big decision for you. But, at the same time, you love her don't you?"

Shippo put his chin into his hands and looked out over the water. "I guess I do, but I just don't think I'm ready for this yet."

What was I doing, trying to push him? I couldn't do that! Shippo has his own pace with love. I couldn't tell him if he was ready to get married or not. At the same time though, I felt bad for Soten. Obviously it wasn't just the fact that she could die, it was the fact that she was admitting his feelings to Shippo and wanted them to be returned. I understand that.

Then an idea popped into my head; "What if you pretend to marry her?"

"Pretend?" Shippo asked with a very confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you could have a wedding to fool the elders of the thunder demon tribe."

"Izayoi, I don't think-"

"Shippo, what have you got to lose?"

"My freedom."

I glared at him for that comment and then gave him a good smack on the head. "Now listen Shippo, even if this plan doesn't work, you'll be marrying your little crush."

Before Shippo could protest against the plan, everything was put into action.

**********

The next, we were all helping prepare for the wedding. Ayuma, Kayuma and I were "bridesmaids" for Soten and helped her with her traditional Thunder Tribe Kimono. It was very beautiful actually, with a red and purple theme to it and little symbolic lightening bolts on the sleeves. "Thank you so much for helping me," Soten thanked. "You don't know how much this means to me."

"Hold still for a second," Kayuma instructed. "I'm almost done with your hair." (Another thing about Kayuma is she's a bit more girly than Ayuma.) After Kayuma was done with Soten, you'd think a professional hair designer had done her hair. Plus the make-up she did was a nice touch.

"Thank you again so for all of this you guys," Soten thanked.

"You're welcome Soten." Ayuma replied.

"I'm just glad you didn't have to build an addition to the Thunder Demon Tribe castle," I said. I felt kind of bad for putting Shippo in this situation since he had to do a lot of the building with Soten's little dragon friend, Koryu. It's a tradition in the Thunder Demon Tribe.

3rd Person's POV

The attachment to the house was, uh, lopsized to say the least. There were a lot of pieces of wood that looked like they were about to break at any moment. "Uh Shippo, I don't think this will last very long," Mochigo pointed out. "It just doesn't look structurally sound."

"I know that Mochigo," Shippo said. "But it's the best I could do on such a short notice." 

"I understand, but we're trying to trick them, remember?" 

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Suddenly, the clouds overhead formed into dark, storm clouds that gave Shippo memories of dark times in his life. Then, some people were coming down from the clouds. They were older looking demons, who reminded Shippo of the Thunder Brothers. He gulped as they walked up to Shippo. 

"Hmmm," the one in the front said as he looked at Shippo, examining him. Shippo wasn't sure what to think. "I see. So you're the one who wishes to marry Soten?" 

"Um....yes?" Shippo shakily replied. 

"...I can see why you've chosen to be Soten's mate; you just want the power," the elder mocked. 

"What? No I-" 

"You do not really care for Soten do you? You want the status of being related to the Thunder Demon tribe." 

"That's not true!" 

The elder huffed as he turned away from Shippo. "You don't care a bit for her, and now, unfortunately, she will die." 

Anger was building up inside of Shippo. He just couldn't believe this. "None of that is true! I don't care about the status of being related to the tribe. All I care about is Soten! Even if she wasn't related to the Thunder Demons, even if I had never met her, I would love her. Soten is the only woman for me, and I would do anything to protect her." 

"Shippo?" Shippo and the others turned to see Soten standing not too far from him in her traditional kimono with the girls right behind her. She had tears in her eyes. "Do you really mean that?" 

"Of course I do Soten. I love you." 

Soten smiled before running over to Shippo and kissed him. Everyone watched in shock as the two kissed while Izayoi smiled. I think we're going to be having a real wedding now, She thought. 

Izayoi's POV 

So it turns out that Soten wasn't going to really been killed by the elders. In fact, those guys weren't even the elders! Soten just asked them to pretend to be them to convince Shippo to do the marriage. Of course, Shippo wasn't too pleased about that and kinda got into an arguing match with Soten. Since it wasn't an official wedding, Shippo got off scott free. However, Soten made him promise that after Naraku was defeated that he come back to marry her. 

That night, as I was heading to the springs to get a bath, I noticed Papa talking to Myoga. They were whispering back and forth between each other about something. I decided to find out what. I tiptoed over to the two and listened as they talked; 

"What do you mean you can't find her Myoga?" Papa whisper-shouted. 

"I'm doing the best that I can Master," Myoga insisted. "But it seems that Lady Arrosa has just, vanished." 

Papa growled before punching the tree I was hiding behind. "Dang it all! You better find her Myoga. If she's working with Naraku, then I need to know." 

I let out a tiny gasp. Papa thought that Arrosa was, the enemy? No. No, I had known Arrosa long enough to know that she could never be our enemy. I trusted her. I then decided to let my presence be known; I stepped from behind the tree and glared at Papa. "Papa, how could you think something like that?" I asked. 

"Izayoi," Papa stared at me for a minute. "How much did you hear?" 

"Everything. Papa, Arrosa is not our enemy." 

"How do you know for sure? She's Naraku's daughter Izayoi, she can't be trusted." 

"And she's also the daughter of Kikyo! She watched her Mother die right in front of her!" 

"So did I!" I gasped at Papa's reaction. I knew he still loved Kikyo, but he loved my Mother more. "She's the daughter of our enemy, the enemy that took Kagome. We can't trust her." 

"Yes we can! And if you don't believe me, then I'm going." I turned tail and ran away from Papa before he could stop me. I had to go on my own to find Arrosa and prove my Father wrong. I had to prove that Arrosa was innocent. 

Izayoi's run away! What now? Find out next time. And please don't be mad at me for not updating.