Chapter 2- I Wanna Play A Game

Everyone stared at me . . .

"What do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No just nerdiness," Stacie scoffed, glancing between me and Jason with a smug look on her face. Is NERDINESS even a real word?Jason looked like he was about to say something, he being angry while the others were just shocked at someone being so rude on the first hour.He opened his mouth but I beat him to it out of anger.

"I'm sorry you must be mistaking me for your reflection," I replied snottily.

"Ooooooh," all of the guys said. Great Emera, make it worse.

"UGH! Well . . .! Well . . . uh . . . UGH!" Stacie scoffed, giving up for lack of a comeback. Seriously? My comeback wasn't even that good. And to make out for your lost efforts you just huff and puff? Looks like you'll blow something other than a house.

Hmph! Bitch, that's what you get.

Suddenly the flat screen TV turned on, and showed a middle aged woman with dark, curly hair and green, bright eyes.

"I-" she started.

"-Wanna play a game," Richard and I cut her off, unanimously, with the Saw reference.We stared at each other and burst out laughing at the saw reference. High-five-ing while clutching our stomachs.Bailey looked at us confused, or more so concerned. Yup she is TOTALLY going to be the mom of this group. I don't know, that's what I'm guessing. I've only known her for about ten minutes.

"No . . . I'm Dr. Jackson," she started once me and Richard finally payed attention. "You kids have been taken because of your extremely high intelligence and potential. We have put you in . . . that place hoping for you to reach your full potential. You see each of you are VERY gifted and possess a part of your DNA with a very specific gene that could be important to humanity and science itself one day. It may allow you to have something very special: Super powers."

"WHAT?!!" we shouted, shocked by the news. Me, these kids, JASON?! We could have powers?! B-but. HOW?! I can't be some superhero! Heck, I trip in the halls over my own two feet!

"You must be wondering how," she stated. Well no shit Sherlock.

"Well that is why we put you where you are now- which we cannot say- to awaken your powers. We expect the maximum powers of yours to be 3. Some of you will have 3, some 2, some 1. None of you will have the same powers. Your powers are going to awaken once you show part of your personality. For example if you are very smart to decoding what may happen in the future or you can see that someone has some sort of past you may see the future or past. Once you receive all powers ladies will have highlights, nails, and new eye color of one specific color. For examples: red. Boys will have the same except for nails. For each boy and girl whose highlights match, that will be your new love, or mate, whom your powers you will not be able to use against the other in harm."

"WHAT?! MATE?!" we all exclaimed.

I hardly know these people! I couldn't imagine being with one of them! And if it's Jason...

I look over to him, he seemed pretty steamed. He never did like being controlled or being told who to be with. In fact he doesn't take most of his relationships very seriously. I mean we are all just like, 16-17! We're just kids! We can't find our "true-love" this young! It doesn't even exist! I think . . .

I look around.

Bailey had a pretty steamed look, but was trying not to show it, as evident. Stacie-Bitch just kept staring at Jason while biting her lip seductively. Oh HELL NO! Richard's ears were REALLY red. I didn't expect a guy like that to get flustered.Chase was really nervous and his face was red. AWW so shy! Carlyn looked serious yet curious. After all, we may get super powers for science!Marcus didn't react, other than staring wide-eyed at the lady on the screen. Zoey and Tyler seemed to be cool with the idea. They just seemed happy. HMMMM? *Smirks* 

"Once all of you have all of your powers and have identified your mates you will be pulled out to where we are to put your powers to good use to save humanity. Try and show different emotions to help awaken your powers, which usually come when you experience thrill or your main aspect of your personality. Good luck and Goodbye."

Wait, why would we even need to save humanity? We're just a bunch of assholes but it's not like we need saving!The screen blacked out. And chaos erupted.

"WHAT?! This is insane! We're too young to get married or any of that!"

"POWERS?! What kind of nonsense is THAT?!"

"Why was she so VAGUE about where we are?! Couldn't she just say HELL?!"

And yada yada yada. You get the point. I just stood there, making my rosy cheeks even more so.

Stacie came up behind me, and whispered: "You know what mate means right? It means we gonna . . . Heeheehee... I can't wait to see JASON'S performance!"

My face turned even redder from anger. "WHY YOU LITTLE WHOR-!" I yelled then surprised by what just happened. In my hand, like a floating ball, I was holding fire. I have the power of fire. SHIT. It floated two inches above the palm of my hand, the orange and red flames flickering, dancing about in my hand. It was beautiful. Everyone just stood there in awe, my power, what the woman said, was . . . right! I looked at my hair, no strange highlights.

That must mean this isn't my only power.

Jason stared at my face, surprisingly, not the fire that is literally in my hand.

Stacie stood there and slowly backed away, as if terrified. Her hands were shaking as she held the out in front of her. Her eyes wide, her mouth gaping open. I remembered a vine I watched ( what I think was ) a few days ago. I smirked, and narrowed my eyes, holding the flame in front of me.

"Run."