Chapter 51- Brains, Brawn, Beauty and Booty

We were in the woods, it seemed to be a lush, fairy tale green. The sunlight burst forth from the leaves of the trees and we found an area that seemed empty and decided to eat there.

Zoey kept aiming grapes into Tyler's mouth, though she kept missing, and it would just hit him in the face. But she enjoyed it so he didn't say anything. We would laugh at her attempts and eat.

"Well that was a FANTASTIC first impression, ya dig?" I rolled my eyes, sarcasm dripping from my voice. "They just shut up within three seconds, are we that strange? Did our personalities shine through so much to make us seem that . . . colorful?" Richard asked, Marcus swatting him again. Richard stuck his tongue out before grabbing a grape from the air and popping it into his mouth. "I kept trying to force myself to keep a straight face in order to not laugh," Bailey cackled.

"Well, I'm sure these kids have known each other at this institute for years. We must be the first newcomers in a while to enter this prestigious school," Carlyn said, munching on a PB&J sandwich. "Though some had other thoughts towards why we were so different."

"Care to explain?" Stacie questioned, poking at her salad. "Well, I guess we seem strange with the highlights, and that can tend to stand out in a crowd. Plus everyone was already sitting down when we entered the Cafe," Chase said.

"At least we don't have to eat with them, and can still use our powers here," I said, at that moment, lifting a fallen branch with the telekinesis and waving it in the air as an example.

"They seem a little stuck up, pequenos putos," Tyler said, as a grape hit his eye and rolled on the ground, never to be eaten again.

"Oh, Ty, don't judge them! We haven't even met them yet," Zoey cooed.

"Tyler does have a bit of a point, a lot of people were staring at us, and I feel like a lot of them were glares," I said. I started munching on the hamburger I was given. Damn, this school has good food at least. 

"Oh Emera, you don't know the half of it," Stacie said, taking a bite of lettuce. "What do you mean like that?" I was curious.

"Look, Emera, you're gorgeous, it's kinda a given. They were all in awe of your beauty," Jason said. He slung his arm around me as I scowled. "You're only saying that cause you're my . . .ya know . . . and I'm not even pretty. Carlyn has brains, Bailey's got brawn, Zoey has beauty, and Stacie got booty," I said.

He laughed, as did the others. My brows furrowed as I tried to figure out what was so funny.

"Look, Emera, even though I do agree that Zoey is BE-A-UTI-FUL!! Like, drop dead bonita! And that Stacie has an ass and Bailey's got muscle- from the powers, though- and Carlyn has more brains than all of us combined- they were DEFINITELY in awe of you," Tyler said, this time getting a grape into his mouth.

"I don't follow," I said.

Everyone seemed to roll their eyes at me, as I looked at them in disbelief.

"Emera, you put yourself down too much, stop underestimating yourself," Stacie groaned, a mouth full of the fruit salad.

"Seriously, they were, like, ALL staring at you. You stand out even from US," Bailey said, a mouth full of -chocolate?

Chase nodded vigorously. 

"Emera, you are REALLY beautiful. Your movements seem to be graceful, yet strong. You seem to glow inside out, even a fool would see that," Chase said.

"They're right Emera, everyone seemed to be awed by your presence mainly. The boys seemed to be drooling over themselves. The girls were all trying desperately to memorize what you did and how you looked. You just draw attention, simple as that," Carlyn said.

I was blushing deeply, and covering my face. "Too bad she's ALL. MINE," Jason said triumphantly, as he squeezed me.

"You guys, they were in awe of you too." I tried to breathe from Jason's tight hug. I looked to Carlyn to see if I was right.

She shrugged,"Yeah, they were before Emera came in. So, basically."

I grinned, "See?"

Time passed on, as we went to our new classes. No one really talked to us, just stared. The teachers welcomed us but said we could do impressions tomorrow since it was the first day of school and they still had to do theirs.

----------------

I went to the girl's shower room with the other girls. We all had to go before we went to bed, and as you know, girls go in groups.

Once again, the once noisy, crowded place became dead silent.

But, I was unseen by everyone, hiding behind my friends. No one saw me, so they were silent because of my friends.

"So, it's the new girls," one red head chick said. She walked over and I could see she had long, curly red hair. It had no frizz, though, and she had alabaster skin and bright, green eyes. She had freckles splayed about her nose and cheeks. She was pretty, but nowhere near the beauty of Zoey or Stacie.

"Name's Hannah. You girls may be new, but my friends and I have been here longer. So, that means we are the main ones in charge. And-"

I walked in front of my friends before Hannah finished talking and just went in front of her. She stopped mid-sentence and gawked at me.

I made my eyes seem more doe-like and started twirling a rainbow colored hair around my finger ever so slowly. All eyes were on me now.

"Hello, Hannah, a pleasure to meet you," I said, batting my eyelashes. I wore a fake smile.

She gawked and started stuttering words I couldn't understand.

I gave a small lip smile and flipped some hair over my shoulder with my hand. "How rude of me, forgetting to introduce myself. I'm Emera, Emera Pisces," I said.

I stretched my hand out and waited for her to shake it. I raised my brow and gave her a funny look since she kept staring at my hand. What, you afraid it's dirty or something? Her hand seemed to shake and trembled before she finally grasped mine. Her hand was sweaty, is she sick?

"P-P-Pleas-s-ure," she stuttered.

I gave her a smile, and I think I heard someone faint in the background. Is this entire school sick or something? "I must say, I ADORE your hair!" I said. She frantically grabbed up at it, grabbing fistfuls.

"Really?! T-Th-Thank y-y-you! I-it's n-n-not n-nearly as cool as y-yours t-th-though!" She said.

Damn, she got a speech impediment?

"Haha, no problem. But, what were you going to say to my friends again? Earlier?" I gave her a warning look, as my eyes flashed to hers. I gave her a warning and raised my brow. A subtle way to threaten anyone and obtain dominance. I've seen my bullies do it plenty of times to master the look.

"O-oh! Only that they-a-and you of c-course!- were all invited to my slumber party at my dorm tonight! Y-you can come whenever you'd like, i-if it's OK with you!" She said. She seemed to cock her head forward as if somewhat bowing. These kids are weird. Nonetheless, I remained polite.

"We look forward to it," I smiled at her.

We left the bathroom and headed out, we'll go when there are fewer people.