Chapter 43- Allergic to Nuts

"Jason quick put your hair in a little man bun!" I hissed.

"But my hair isn't long enough!" he protested. I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I'll put your bangs in a ponytail, would that be better?" I grabbed a fistful of his new colorful hair and tied it into a small, short ponytail. It dangled high above his face. "Hair unicorn," I whispered.

He glared at me as I put a hat on him, which concealed the ponytail and all of his hair, all of it neatly tucked under the fedora. Every once in a while, he would give me short, sweet kisses.

I wrapped my hair in a ponytail  and placed a fedora on it, tucking it underneath. Now no one could see our rainbow hair.

I handed Jason some sunglasses, to cover up the new eyes. I wore satin gloves that covered my nails.

"Remind me again why we are doing this?" he asked me.

"Because you love me and will do anything I ask?" I said. "Other than that," he said, pulling me closer to kiss me for about 10 seconds.

"Well, we have to hide the fact we have our highlights- and that we are partners- so that the others will help get Chase and Stacie together," I said breathlessly, pulling away.

"Why can't they just see our highlights and then Stacie and Chase know they are the only ones left?" Jason asked me. I flicked his forehead. "Because, you want to know the person loves you, not just obligated to because you are the last ones left! Like, you want someone to love you, to pick you over everyone else. Not just because you two are the last ones on Earth!" I said.

He huffed, "I guess when you put it THAT way."

"Good," I pecked his lips,"Now you remember the story line?"

"Tell people we were goofing off, don't let them know we are highlighted or whatever, and don't think about what happened or that kinda stuff," he said.

"Very good." I kissed him again.

"Remember, keep your thoughts closed." I lectured.

We walked into the living room, where Carlyn and Marcus were eating ice cream and watching television. "Carlyn, can you send a message to everyone to come here? Everyone but Stacie and Chase?" I asked her.

"Sure," she said, then eating a scoop of ice cream that was bigger than her mouth.

One by one the others came, except the ones I wanted to exclude.

"What's with the getup?" Tyler asked.

"Emera and I found a box full of costumes and decided to dress up," Jason laughed.

He's good I must admit. Damn you, Jason.

Bailey rolled her eyes,"Sounds like you two." She plopped down on the couch, dragging Richard down to crash next to her.

"I like the gloves! They're so cute! Can I borrow them sometime?" Zoey asked me.

I laughed, "Sure, after I'm done with them."

"So Emera, why'd you want us to come here?" Marcus asked.

"I want Chase to confess to Stacie already," I said.

Everyone in the room gasped.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on! He really seems to like her! And I think she would accept him if only he did it already! The guy is so shy, it needs to happen already!" I said.

I heard some murmurs of agreement.

"Well, how are we supposed to get him to?" Tyler asked, crossing his arms in a state of confusion.