Chapter 31- She's a Porn Star!

"Oof!" I heard someone say.

 I sprawled across the floor, not the most graceful way to fall I must admit. Then again, I happen to sort of be a klutz. Tears ran across my cheeks as I laid down there, slowly getting up. "Oh gosh! Did I make you cry? I'm sorry!" I heard someone say. I sniffled, "Don't worry, I was crying well before any of this ever even started," I felt someone's thumb on my cheek, gently caressing the tears from slipping down my cheeks. My vision cleared as I could see Spencer's gray eyes right I front of mine. His face inches away from mine.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked.

Why not?! He couldn't be worse than fucking looney tunes Mrs. Drunk A-Lot!

I laughed, "Sure! Why not! I have no fucking self-esteem left to shatter! Why the fuck not?! though it was shattered r years ago, I guess I'm used to it already," I laughed.

He probably thought I was fucking cray-say, but I'm sure everyone in this hell did. I'm the least favorite anyway.

He picked me up bridal style as we went to a Lounge area. It wasn't the sickly bright white like the rest of the place was, he'll I didn't even know where I was earlier. The room had soft hues of grey and seemed calming.

He placed me on the couch, as he sat next to me. I wept into his shoulders. For once I wished to be like my old self, the one that would slap myself out of this and bottle up any hurt, and let it out when no one was looking. "Crying is for the weak. As well as emotions. Don't be that crybaby everyone would hate Emera," the voice would tell me. It was so long ago, I haven't heard it since I came to the mansion. Spencer's lab coat was getting wet, so I wiped away the tears. "It's been a while since I allowed myself to cry in front of someone," I mutter, sniffling.

"Take off your coat," I told him. He looked at me dumbfounded, "W-wha-?" I rolled my eyes. " I'm not gonna rape you Spence, but I got your sleeve wet, plus the blinding white is kind of an eyesore," I told him.

He nodded,"Oh, right. Gotcha." He put away the jacket as I leaned back into his shoulder.

"Spencer, am I pathetic? Do people here think I'm a self-centered,ignorant, jealous, crybaby? Do they think of me as the one that was supposed to be a nothing, the one that was the least favorite? Am I annoying and invisible?" I asked him.

He turned to me. "Who would put crazy ideas like that in your head?" I looked down, tears threatening to spill again. I didn't like crying in front of people, it shows your weak. And that's the truth I tried to keep from people.

"Emera, it doesn't matter what others think. But if you must know, the people, most at least, here they admire you. They know your story even though your closest friends in the simulator don't. They see how hard you fight, they pay attention to the little things. You care about the others- your friends so much. So much you seem to forget about yourself. Sure you're a little ignorant sometimes, but we all have our flaws. You're bigger than life Emera, and it's just hard for some people to accept that." He smiled.

I hugged him tightly, "I just wanted to be noticed differently, was that so much to ask?" I mumbled into his shoulder. He hugged me back, "Never." We were like that for a while. It felt nice. To have to stop rebuilding the wall people keep tearing down. To take a break.

Spencer parted and smiled at me, "I think I know how to cheer you up!" With that, he grabbed my hand as he dragged me somewhere. We went in, as we were in a room, I'm guessing his. He had action figures and comic books everywhere, and multiple TVs connected to each other to a laptop next to the bed. I looked at the comic books, the flash, which was sort of like Chase and his super speed, and the invisible man, who was like Richard.

I smiled, I wanted to see them again.

"How long have I been here?" I asked.

"Two weeks, most of it unconscious but we got most of what we needed to be done. You just have one more week to start experimenting with powers," he said. I've been here two weeks?! And I was going to stay for another week? I wonder how the others are doing.

I wonder if they miss me.

I winced. The therapists words echoing In my mind. Stupid Dr. Pristine. What was her problem with me? Who's even named Pristine? That's an adjective!

That I'm self-centered and need to be the center of attention?

I shook my head and looked at Spencer's many TVs, surprised that each was focused on one of my friends.

"Wha-?" I said, not able to finish his sentence.

Spencer smiled at me, brushing his hair away from his face. "Since I'm the only one int eh lab about your age, they let me keep an eye on some of you for 'teenage' reliability or something," he said.

I grinned mischievously at him, "Does that mean you watch some of the couples like . . .I dunno . . . Bailey and Richard . . . And their costume stuff?" I asked. Spencer's face went a bright shade of red in an instant. "I'd rather not talk about that life scarring memory." I laughed, "Can't wait to tell Bailey she's a porn star!"

I looked at the one with Carlyn, surrounded by everyone's laptops, typing wildly away. Marcus was at her side scanning the data flashing wildly across each screen. I didn't even know she could do that.

A scowl spread across her delicate features. "I don't get it! I've scanned the web and every possible explanation for her disappearance! It's just not normal! She can't just be GONE! I've been searching every possible way for two weeks Marcus!" She seemed to plead to herself. Bags were under her eyes, as well as Marcus's. "I've searched the entire mansion, and while there are 100+ rooms we didn't know about before,  she isn't in 1!" he said. Were they asking about me?

I looked to Zoey and Tyler's screen. They were looking at some . . . party decorations?

"It doesn't feel right! I mean I know it's going to be Stacie's birthday and all but it feels so weird not having Emera here! I mean I get they didn't get along but still, I miss her . . ." Zoey sighed. Tyler merely hugged her in a tight embrace.

Was Stacie having a birthday party? Was she turning 17? I didn't even know!

I looked to Bailey and Richard's screen. "I know, she wouldn't leave us on purpose. I know that at least. But I'm worried! I mean what if she never comes back? I know Stacie wants the attention on her until her birthday passes but . . . Emera!" Richard sighed. Bailey chugged a bottle of beer and said, "I haven't had sex in two weeks."

OK, next one! The other one as of Chase, exploring the mansion, looking for me. I felt an odd sense of guilt within my stomach. Was I really the bad guy? I looked at the last screen, the one with Jason and Stacie. They were in her room, talking. "Is it because of me? That she left?" Jason asked. It had been so long since I had last seen him. His brown bangs drooped, framing his blue eyes. He had bags, as did the others, and seemed so tired. For a moment, I forgot about everything and just wanted to comfort him.

Stacie woke up to him. "Of course not! She's just being selfish, doing all of this to ruin my birthday. None of this is your fault," she said, attempting to hug him. He dodged her, lol swerve! and left the room.

Guilt started to overwhelm me. Was I the one getting between the two? Was I really so selfish as Stacie believed I was?

Super SimulatorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara