Chapter 24 - Limp Dicked

I fell and landed hard on the table. I was back in the living room. Oh Back HOME! Sorta. 

Everyone woke up and stared at me shocked and wide eyed. I was sprawled out on the table. "Y-you were there!" Richard said. Suddenly everyone started shouting and yelling stuff. Everyone but one . . . Stacie. She was staring at me, glaring more like. "You poked around in our DREAMS! That's, that's a violation! You can't just do that! It's supposed to be PRIVATE!" she yelled at me.

The room quieted down. "That really isn't cool Emera," Chase said. "Care to explain?" continued Jason. I sighed. "Alright, I'll tell you EVERYTHING. But know that I'll have to tell, what I suspect is all of our backgrounds?" I asked them. They looked down in embarrassment. Eventually, they all murmured in agreement.

I told the story, all the way to the lab to when I got there. They listened intently, and seemed to be surprised at each other's stories, and ashamed of their own. They were also very curious about Stacie's. "I don't know the whole story of your backgrounds or stories you guys, and there IS plenty I don't know," I said. I got my glasses and adjusted them on my face. 

Javla! These are smudgy and dirtier than a baby's bottom. 

"Nerd," Stacie muttered. I glared at her. 

"So we're being watched? And the scientists whatever's made you do this so that the others can develop powers? And we're unconscious in TANKS? And wait, Stacie and Jason got new powers?" Bailey asked. I shrugged. "Yeah . . ."

I turned towards Jason and Stacie. "Jason you have mind control, if only temporary. And Stacie, you have time control." I said. 

Jason looked towards the others, and closed his eyes. Instantly the other's eyes flashed a brilliant gold. He smiled, "Get out and come back in 15 minutes." he said. "Yes master." They replied, and single file exited the living room, their footsteps echoing in the hall.

"That's still kinda creepy, and why did you make them leave?" I asked him. He smirked to me. "It's not like you didn't want to be alone with me," he said. I rolled my eyes, "Touche." 

We laughed as I leaned my head on his shoulder, him putting his arm around my shoulders. "Hey you didn't get highlights, does that mean you're gonna get four powers like me?" I asked him. "I guess, that should be cool," he replied. "What do you think mine will be?" I asked him. "Maybe you will be able to shrink, or have laser vision!" He snickered. "Oh ha ha mister!" I said.

"You really wanna laugh?" He chuckled, flipping me over and toppling me. He was hovering over me. "Oh don't you da-" With that he began tickling me wildly. I was giggling and begging him to stop when the others came in. 

"Jason what did you do? Make us leave so you two could get it on?" Richard said, wiggling his eye brows. Instantly Jason and I parted away, I was blushing like a tomato.  "I just tested the new power Richard, stop being a limp dicked bastard," Jason muttered. "Hey, you wanna see limp dicked? I can pull off your pants right now bub. And every time I see Richard here limp isn't in his dick's vocab," Bailey laughed. "TMI Bailey!" Zoey giggled.

I turned towards Stacie,"Your turn to show your power." She rolled her eyes at me. "What was it? Time Manipulation? Whatever, I got it," she said. Suddenly time froze, and I was frozen as well. But I could still see everything. Nothing, no one moved. Stacie smirked and ran to the kitchen, returning with an ice cream cone in her hand. Oh no you-!

She got the chocolate ice cream and dumped it on my head, the sweetness dripping down my frozen head, sticking to my brown hair. It dripped down onto my glasses, making them sticky. Time continued as I got the ice cream cone off my head, slowly pulling the dripping chocolate off of me. "Ooooh, you SO don't know what you just did!" I growled.

With that I flung the cone and sticky-ness onto her, as it landed straight on her face, making it look like she had a cone nose. It fell off, but the damage was done. Her eyes burned at me, as her face was red with anger. I heard everyone around me take a step back, avoiding me. 

Stacie lunged at me, as we went toppling into the furniture. We crashed into the table once again, which gave out underneath us. We were scratching and hitting and pulling each other's hair, sticky ice cream getting on the both of us.

Well I'm sure she has had plenty of experience straddling someone while the both of them are sticky.

I grabbed her wrists as she kept trying to thrash out at me, and noticed purple roots starting to form in her hair. I gasped, and Stacie stopped fighting me and stood up, feeling her hair. The purple streaks were running down, cascading and growing all the way to her blond tips. She turned away from me as everyone else's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Stace . . . your highlights!" Zoey gasped.

Stacie turned back around, and her eyes burned violet.

I realized I was still lying in what USED to be a perfectly good table. And got up, my back sore from the wrestling. "Well thanks a LOT for helping me guys!" I rolled my eyes.

I looked at Stacie, who still, and also, had chocolate dripping through her blond locks. I scanned her, and said "Purple suits you." Before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

I thought about what had happened. Did Marcus's little brother die or something from the glass that caused his arm to bleed? Did Carlyn have an alcoholic mother who abused her? Did Bailey- no actually Bailey's story was just plain fucked up. And Richard, was his little sister raped? What about Tyler- who had a rather heartbreaking breakup? And Zoey- who's Mom died of cancer? And Chase- I've never seen his room, but I have a feeling I don't want to. I never knew he was poor, in a slum in a big city. And Jason, his real Dad was an ass. And Stacie-

It explained a lot.

It explained why she had 'experience'. Why she kept trying to seduce Jason.

Because that's all she learned to do.

It was disgusting people would do that to kids, Stacie's story must've been the worst. All of those kids and her father just SOLD her.

I started fitting together the pieces as I turned on the shower head.

I'm the only one they don't know about.

--------- 

Zoey and I were in my room, sorting through a box of my old things. Things I think of as from my previous life. 

"Hey, look at this!" She pointed over to an old photograph. I held it and saw it was halfway torn. It was half a picture of camp. I was surrounded by a few of my friends, posing in funny ways. I was doing peace signs, and looking away from the camera. Instead, I was looking towards something that was on the torn side.

"Haha! You look so cute!" Zoey laughed. She pointed to me, "Y'know, that's a look of love if I've ever seen one. Were you looking at that Brian boy?" She teased me, lightly slugging my arm.

I did look a bit in love, I'll admit.

Her phone buzzed as she saw it. "Ty-Ty doesn't know if he's allowed in your room, so he texted me. Anyways, he said he has a surprise for me. See you later, K?"

She walked off as I stared at the photo. I was so distracted, I probably didn't even see the camera. I rummaged through the box and found the other half of the photo. It was a picture of Jason and Tate talking. They looked happy, content. Camp was the only time they were together, too.

I pieced it with the other half.

I looked completely in love in the photo, no doubt about that.

Yet I never looked more heart broken.