Chapter 59 - Fucking Friday

"Emera, Emera! Wake up! Wake up!" I felt a shaking of the shoulders and groaned as I rolled over to my side. "What is it, Stacie?" I groaned, muffling the question with a pillow. Stacie never had this much enthusiasm or this cheer in the morning. In fact, the only one that does is . . .

"It's not Stace, you silly goose! It's Zoey!" She whisper-shouted in my ear. She grabbed my hand and pulled me upright, as I brushed the bed head from my face and struggled to stop the grogginess. "Why the hell did you wake me up at-?" I looked over at the clock and it read 5:54 am.

"5:54 AM!!" I leap up and looked at her. It seemed as if she was standing on a stool to reach my top bunk. "The newspaper journalists meet at 6! We're late!" she said. Oh yeah, that.

"Why the mother fucking hell would they come at 6 in the morning?" I mumbled to myself, rubbing the eye crust from my eyes. It's fucking Friday dude. FUCKING FRIDAY!!

No wonder Carlyn thought Zoey would be good for the job since she is an early bird.

Stacie was still asleep in the bottom bunk, snoring away. Can't wait to tell her she snores. I flew up to the wardrobe and pulled out my uniform and began to float out the door. Zoey grabbed my hand and yanked me to the floor. "Emera!" She whispered, "You can't just fly around here! Someone might see you!" Her eyes were big and I floated back to the ground dragging my feet. "Hrmmm de nerm de term mm . . ." I mumbled.

I looked at Zoey, and only now realized her black and pink hair was an afro. "You changed your hair??" I asked her. It looked cute and made her look even more bubbly. "I decided to go natural, so since my room mate's mom owns like Supercuts or something, and she knows hair, I asked her to style mine. Is it good?" She asked me. She was the only one of the girl's who wasn't paired up with someone else from our group. "Yeah, looks more you," I said. It made her look taller, and the pink curls in the small afro made it look fun and cute. It wasn't so much an afro as it was  some curls with swirls.

She kinda looks like Lola from Huniepop.

N-Not that I played that or a-anything.

We headed to the newspaper office, and the club president was there. She had on thick glasses and her eyes were really squinty. She seemed to be reading a copy. Once she noticed us, the  newspaper flew out of her hand and into different sheets, as she frantically picked them up and hid them. "I-I-I'm s-sorry! I-If y-y-your m-mad ab-b-bout the last c-c-copy! I d-don't know w-who d-d-d-did it I s-swear!" she stuttered.

Seriously these kids are annoying me with their stutters but this is ridiculous!

"Haha, no it's alright. But please make sure not to post anything about us without our consent. In fact, Zoey here wants to join you guys!" I said. I nudged Zoey in the arm. "Oh! Yes, I do, I LOVE writing and reporting!" She said.

"W-well we only h-have one more position l-left . . ." the girl said.

Suddenly through the club room doors, a girl flew in. She had brown, long hair that was frizzy. Her glasses framed her face as she tried to keep them on. She had somewhat tan skin, I myself couldn't tell. "Am I late? I want to apply for the new journalist position!" she huffed. She ran out of breath, as she panted over the desktop. The other girl frowned at her.

"Sorry Molly, you should've come here earlier. We only have one position left, and I'm giving it to Zoey here . . . sorry." The girl apologized. Molly looked at her in utter disbelief, her jaw gaping open and slamming shut over and over again. I myself felt some sort of wave of guilt, especially since Molly reminded me an awful lot of my former self. With her mousy brown hair and placing all her hope into something.

Zoey looked as if she wanted to talk, and I knew that if she opened her mouth she would give the position to the girl. I grabbed Zoey's hand and led her out before she could say anything. "Thanks! Zoey will be there-Tuesday?- yeah, Tuesday," I said. With that, I pushed Zoey out of the door and offered an apologetic smile to Molly. All I could see was a girl on the verge of tears.

"We should have given it to her!" Zoey protested. I sighed,"Look, we need this position so we can make sure that no more rumors are spread about us. What if people get suspicious? They could start stalking us, and then our secret would be revealed. Do you want that?" 

She chewed on her nail,"No . . . but I'm sure Molly hates me now." 

I sighed again, "Maybe she'll find another position. but at least you will have an article or something, you'll probably find out on Tuesday."

"I sure hope so . . ." She trailed off.

I rolled my eyes,"Wanna see your boyfriend?"

With that, she sprinted off into the boys' dormitories. I chuckled and sashayed down the halls, a few students were trickling into the doors to get to their early classes. 

My middle finger was burning again. Was I flipping people off too much and then the invisible Satan decided he wanted me to finger his dickhole as punishment? He probably cursed 'I hope your finger hurts.'

Damn, I twisted the ring around my finger. There were engravings on the inside . . .

Praeteritem et Nabu.

Huh, it looks like Latin. Could it be like the Latin name for our simulator, Somnuim?

I started having small flashes of memory. Me without my powers in a room . . . and voices. Were those dreams? I remember them so clearly now . . .

I walked to Tyler's and Marcus's dorm and opened the door. They looked at me and I felt words forming at the tips of my lips.

"You need to say something, Emera?" Carlyn said I was surprised she was already here.

"Amor et Libido  ,  et pugna iterum. Sed tunc est principium in memorium redit,"  I said.