Chapter 62- Twiggy

We were out celebrating outside. Currently, we were at a playground, and it was fun in my opinion. We felt like little kids, and  I was swinging like a mad man. Jason was pushing the swing.

"Harder!" I insisted. "Well, I don't think you guys even started yet," Richard called out. I would have slapped him, but I was on a swing. Plus Jason knocked him upside the head. There was said to be a carnival, so after we were done at the playground we headed over. I bought candy floss while the others bought junk food. We went onto one of those really big Ferris wheels that could hold 10 people in a cart.

"We're in California, near Disneyland," Carlyn said. We finally found out which state we were living in. "Cool! The same state I grew up in," Stacie said. "Lucky, I had to live in fucking Memphis. I'm glad I finally left the place, I was kind of sick of it," I laughed. "I suppose you're right," Jason admitted.

"Of course, I'm right, I'm Emera fucking Pisces!" I said. I munched on more candy floss. "It's been a while since I've been to the Disney's," I confessed.

"Well, I lived in New Jersey, and let's just say people don't move TO there for a reason," Chase chuckled.

"I'm from New York, where are you from Carlyn?" Bailey asked. "Oh, Kansas City, Missouri. Marcus here is from Hawaii," she pointed to him. "Really? Why is your personality so cold then? Shouldn't you have absorbed the hotness or something?" Richard teased. Marcus rolled his eyes, "I'm hotter than you." 

"Ooooooooh!" Bailey and I shouted. Stacie swatted my arm. "I'm from Texas, and you don't mess with us cowboys," Richard said in a silly southern accent.

"Believe me, though, you'd love it up in North Dakota!" Zoey squealed. I giggled, "That explains why you're so nice, your from up in the country north." "Not so true, I'm from Washington, and there are still jackasses there," Tyler said.

We got off and I ended up riding at least 40 rides. Jason gave up at around 30, and the others 20. But I was never one to throw up because of dizziness or rides, they were exhilarating. It was only Bailey and Richard who lasted with me.

"Why is it the goofballs that can handle their lunch? Emera ate the most junk food out of all of us!" Stacie groaned. We were sitting at a table for lunch, and I was munching on a delicious ketchup and pickle hamburger. "She's still eating!" Tyler groaned.

"Well, I'm the birthday girl," I grinned smugly. I received 7 glares.

"I'll buy you a cake," Bailey said. She got some money (from Carlyn) and went to buy me one.

I sipped my Coke,"I have to say, guys, this is one of the best birthdays I've had in a long time," I said. "What about your last one?" Jason asked me. I shrugged and twirled the straw around int the cup. "Some kids from school thought it'd be funny to tell everyone I invited to not come," I said.

There was a pregnant pause, as they thought about what I said. I remember that birthday, I stood by my door for hours until sunset, and I had on my special birthday dress and everything. It was really sad from what I remember. I think it was one of the things that caused me to develop depression.

But that was the past.

Bailey sat down and handed me the cake slice. "Be careful not to get fat," she teased. I stuck my tongue out at her,"I have a high metabolism, thank you very much!"

"What does that mean?" Chase asked. 

"It means no matter how much she eats she won't get fat," Carlyn explained.

"So you'll be a twig forever?" Stacie said. I smacked her arm, scowling at her. "Twiggy Emera, Twiggy Emera!" Richard cooed. "Fuck off!" I said.

I was red in the face as everyone laughed. "We're only kidding Galaxy, you're not a twig," Jason said. I rolled my eyes, "Well HE will be when I saw him in half!" I threatened. 

"Just because you're more powerful than all of us combined doesn't mean you can just dismember us," Chase laughed. "How would you say I'm more powerful than all of you combined? I've never fought all of you at once," I snickered.

They gave each other a glance before Jason kissed the side of my head. "Because I only love powerful women, that's why." 

I rolled my eyes, "So what, like Tina Fey? Cause I think that's illegal Jason," I teased. "You know what I mean," he playfully rolled his eyes, as I mimicked the action.

Mockery was fun.

"Time to sing happy birthday to Emera before she eats her cake!" Zoey said.

"Happy Birthday to you . . ."

"Oh dear god please not now," I prayed, embarrassed by my friend's actions.

"Happy Birthday to you . . ."

"Oh, sweet baby Jesus please stop you're off key!"

"Happy Birthday dear Emera . . ." Richard sang a bit louder to spite me.

"Happy birthday to you!" they finished.

"Jeez, not so loud!" I complained.

I stuffed my face with the cake. Mmmmm, deliciouso.

"We got you something!" Zoey cheered. She and Stacie reached into Chase's backpack and pulled out a card and a wrapped box. "You guys, you didn't have to!" I gushed. "We all pulled in on it," Marcus said. "Oh, even Boy Elsa did? Thawing that heart out yet?" I teased. Marcus scowled, and gave me an ice cold glare. I guess that's a no.

I read the card. It had all of their names signed at the bottom and telling me what a good friends I was. They each had their own little messages scrolled next to their names in a different colored pen. "Awe, you guys," I said. They were really so sweet. 

I opened the package and found an iPhone 6. "No. Way." I gawked. I held it up, and the cover was a rose gold. "Well, we all donated a little money that we got from the mansion, so it wasn't that big a deal," Bailey told me.

"That's not even the best part! We put something in very special for the birthday chica," Tyler said. He turned it on, and on it was a picture of all of us. 

"I got it from the newspaper, they took a lot of photos of us when we first came," Zoey explained. The photo was adorable, just us goofing off and being ourselves.

"Thank you so much, I don't know what to say," I smiled.

All in all, it was a good day. We spent the rest of the day at the fair and taking pictures with my new phone.

I got home, and Stacie said she and Richard had to study with Carlyn because they bombed Math. So she wouldn't be there for the rest of the night. I was fine with that of course, I had the room to myself.I was asleep for a long time, until at the end of the night, I felt one hand cover my mouth, and in the pitch black dark, I could hear a low chuckle.