Chapter 55- Plant Screaming

"Back again, aren't you, young one? You must miss us," the buttery voice said.

"What? When was I here?" I asked.

"Why, just earlier! Last night, I believe . . ." a voice hissed into my ear.

"What? I don't remember . . ." I said.

I felt a sharp slap on the back of my shoulder, causing me to fall in front of an old dusty mirror.

"Well, we aren't lying, brat. So what brings you?" the voice hissed.

"I don't know! Where am I?" I asked.

"Why, young one. Where are we not these days?" the melted caramel voice answered.

Why am I here? Was I really here before? If these guys say so . . . The room was rather sad.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"You don't really have a choice unless you take off what burns you most. Tell me, what is burning you most?" a voice hissed at me.

I didn't understand the question but thought for a moment. What does hurt the most at the moment?

My right middle finger did feel like it was on fire at the moment, but I saw nothing on it.

"I wonder how the small voice is doing in reality . . ." the buttery voice pondered.

Reality?

__________

3rd Person POV

"Guys, I can't find Emera!" Stacie shouted.

"She isn't in the school! I've been checking for her too!" Tyler said.

"Dammit, where could she be?" Jason pondered. This clearly wasn't like the Emera he knew.

"Caryln, Carlyn, Carlyn!" Bailey screamed.

"Quiet, I'm concentrating," the small girl said. She pressed her eyes and lips tightly, as she searched through every mind in the school. She couldn't find a single thought from Emera. What is going on?

The small girl burst from her seat and started running, causing the other 8 to run with her.

"Where are we going?!" Chase asked, unsure if he could use his power without getting caught, same as Tyler. They had the powers that helped most with transportation, so that would make it a lot quicker. He looked around and saw many people staring and gawking in their direction, as always being distracted by their presence. He decided it would be best if he kept at the normal human-like pace.

"She's in the woods, a Junior saw a person running into the woods. We've gotta get her!" Carlyn said.

If any of the other students were listening, they wouldn't understand what was going on.

The group ran into the woods and went to their spot in the woods. It was raining heavily, but at the moment, they could care less if their uniforms got drenched. They needed to find their friend.

The trees were shaking madly through the wind, and lighting was striking in unpredictable directions.

"This is SUUUURE the FUCKING time she had to fly away!" Richard growled, trying desperately to find where she was.  Marcus swatted him. It was useless, it was dark and cold and there wasn't any way they could find the girl.

"Why can't I find her thoughts? She's close by-I know it!" Carlyn insisted.

"If only we had Emera to see through the damn rain, but SHE'S the one who's gone! Joder!" Tyler shouted.