Chapter 84- Swan With A Chainsaw

"Gifts?" I asked.

"Yes, here," Spencer reached into his backpack and pulled out an umbrella, which barely fit in the backpack. It was a calming, sky blue. The same color his eyes used to be. It was sharp at the end, with a silver tip and a silver handle. It was closed at the moment.

"You . . . got me an umbrella?" Jason asked him, giving Spencer a look.

Spencer chuckled, "Press the button near the handle."

Jason looked at the candy cane shaped handle suspiciously. I knew he still didn't exactly like Spencer, but I hoped he trusted him at least. He pressed it and the umbrella opened and closed and morphed like some sort of transformer until it revealed a blade. The blade was pure iron, and the hilt was silver with dark blue opal, creating a water-like design. Right on the blade and right above the hilt was a diamond. Jason stared wide eyed at it and gripped it more firmly. "H-How-?"

"It belonged to your ancestor, though we don't know who they were. There were five Sources, the originals, by the way, so five of you are descendants. The other five are the second generation of Sources who happened to have the gene eventually come up and copied after multiple morphings of different genes molding and the birth of mixes. We do know you are a descendant of one of the main five-the Kimber. Anyway, Jason, this one is a blade that we simply upgraded to be able to transform into an umbrella for disguise purposes. Unfortunately, you can't actually use it as an umbrella. But we were able to make it good as new," Spencer said.

Jason twisted the sword in between his fingers, afraid to drop it.

Richard whistled, "Neato, what I get?"

"You aren't a descendant, so you didn't inherit anything. But we were able to make you a good weapon," Spencer handed him a knife.

"You'll be able to grow plants on it based on your powers, and the plants can connect as giant vines and be used as a giant weapon and swing about whatever direction you want. Give it a try," Spence said.

Richard was handed a knife with a bronze blade. The handle had complicated vine patterns tied around and twisting around it, crawling up the blade. Richard activated his powers and the plants glowed green and grew along the knife, his grip still on the hilt. It twisted and turned util it was tied it one giant vine. It swung left and right and grew up to fourteen feet, reaching across the room. It formed a heart shape in front of Bailey. "Sweet! Love ya babe!" Richard smiled to Bailey. She blushed and patted the vine. It shrunk and grew down back to just being the plain old knife, with small weeds crawling up the hilt.

"Man! They don't mess around back at the lab, do they man?" Richard smiled goofily, his green eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Alright, me next! Me next!" Zoey cheered.

"Alright, Miss Cass. You are a descendant, so you did inherent something," Spencer reached into the bag to reveal a long, whip-like chain, with a pink gem at the bottom of the hilt.

"Spin it above your head, see what happens."

Zoey did as she was told, and immediately a small tornado started forming within the spinning chain. It blurred as Zoey yanked the chain from underneath, and the tornado fell to the ground -a small one- and raced around the room until Zoey whipped it with her chain and it disappeared into nothing with a gentle poof.

"Glad I didn't make a big one, but that's so cool!" Zoey smiled.

"Speaking of cool," Spencer reached in and pulled out an ice cube. It was barely the size of his palm, a miniature icicle.

"Oh hell no, please don't tell me I did not get an ice cube as a weapon," Marcus scowled.

"Does that mean it's as big as your dick is?" Richard asked. Marcus scowled and snatched the icicle from Spencer's hand.