Chapter 96- Ying And Yang

Talia's POV

I ran through the halls. Dust was coming out of cracks in the ceiling, and the building seemed to be shaking. Oh god, oh god. I need to get to Molly! Inhuman screams echoed around me, as well as wails from the Streaks.

"Molly!" I screamed. Where was she?!

"Molly!" A chunk of the ceiling fell before me. I yelped, sobs escaping from my mouth. "Molly," I trembled. I was scared. I've fought demons and went with people who could kill me with a single thought. With a half insane girl who could smash my brains into the wall with a thought, or light me on fire with a flick of the wrist, or blind me, or make me go crazy and not know what is or is not real, and simply fly up into oblivion. A girl who can't feel pain and smash your bones, or another girl who can heal her own scars and walk on water manipulate time. Or the boy who can go as fast as the speed of light, multiply, or hear from a mile away. Or the girl who can scurry through my mind and read my deepest fears. Or the boy with an icy heart and icy hands, or the girl who can manipulate tornadoes that can rip you to shreds. Oh, and let's not forget about an invisible boy who can make plants that could intertwine around you, and squeeze the life out of you? Oh, or the boy who pops out from nowhere in a flurry of smoke?

These people were either good or bad. Or Ying and Yang.

I was scared.

I was terrified.

I had done a lot to get to my friend. The scars from those demons were white, faded. I knew they would last until I'm old and wrinkly. I just needed my friend. I've been spending time with people who are either angels or demons.

Emera was the scariest. She either has a dead, blank stare in her eye, or it's full of light and happiness. She's killed over 100, but she seems to be funny and light-hearted. 

Was she a demon as well, or an angel?

"MOLLY!" The walls were spreading with cracks, threatening to make the ceiling crush me. I tugged my pigtails, biting my lip. Tears were streaming down my cheeks.

I ran out, a distant boy's scream echoed through the hall. I ran and found an office, and saw Molly there.

She was looking through papers, stashing them in a box. She had on a white lab coat, covered in dirt and dust. Her long, brown hair hung down and her big glasses were sliding down her nose. "M-Molly!" 

She jumped up, surprised. The papers she was holding flew out and scurried around the room. Another rumble of the building made the place feel like a minor earthquake. "What are you doing here?!" Molly glared at me. "Here to tell me I'm a fool?"  

"Molly, no! Please," the room shook. I took a step forward, and Molly stepped back, reaching behind her. Her eyes narrowed as she held out a long knife in front of her, her hand shaking. "Don't make me use this, Talia."

"Molly, you can help us! You can save us all!" 

"Why would I do that? What've you done for me? Mock me!"

"No, please!" The room trembled, and I whimpered. "I'm your best friend, Molly. I've always been there for you."

"Not with Jason," Molly raised her knife higher. 

"Do you even really love Jason?!" I asked, taking a step forward. "Of course, I do!" Her hand was trembling, the knife tip was pointed right at my heart. 

"Really?! Pristine might kill Jason! If you loved him, you wouldn't have bound him in chains. If you loved him, you wouldn't have made him as weak as he is now. If you really loved him, you'd put his happiness above yours. You'd let him be with who he loves, no matter how much it crushes you inside. You've been blindsided, Molly. Pristine lies. Britney lies. I've seen neither before in my life, but if they lie to you and convince you to slowly crush your humanity, then goddamn I hate them." I took her knife blade, it cutting the palm of my hand a little. I didn't care. I pointed the tip of the knife directly over my heart, as I felt a little bit of blood trickle from the point.

"I'm putting your happiness over mine." 

Her brown eyes met mine, wide with shock.

The knife clattered to the ground, as she hugged me.

"I've been a fool, Talia." She cried into my shoulder, her body trembling. "I can only trust you. Not Pristine, not Britney, I'm not even sure the Streaks. I've heard what they've done, are they really angels? They've jaded our school..."

I patted her back. "Some bad is in good, and some good is in bad. I'm not sure what the Streaks are, but they're either one of those things." The building rumbled.

"Shit, we've gotta help, get your knife. I have a feeling the Daemones aren't going to be easy on you," I whimpered, gripping onto my own knife.

Molly nodded, "I'm going to deserve every scar."

I put on a grim face, my pale blue eyes meeting her brown ones. "We've all got our own scars."

"These are the documents of the Daemones before they..." Molly dragged the box closer to her. "And the Streaks killed some of them. They used to be human. They were kidnapped experiments, this wasn't their chose..."

"I've killed one, too," I mutter, staring at a picture. One was a young woman, with a bright smile and happy eyes. I'm sure now her teeth were like jaws and her eyes were black. "I'm a monster as well."

Molly grabbed the knife and her box. "We all are." She laughed, "Who do you suppose is more of a monster, us or them?" I knew she was motioning towards the Streaks. "They've killed far more than we have, but they've gone through more suffering," she mumbled. "Emera killed more than 100 humans."

"I think at this point, no one is human," I said. The building shook, and we stopped the chit chat and ran to help the others.