Chapter 90- Mating Call

Talia's POV

I gawked as Emera flew up and out of the hole in the roof. The trailer was still on the auto drive, so hopefully the ride would be smooth. But those monsters, Daemones they called them, they were absolutely terrifying! If Spencer said that they were difficult to kill, even one on one, despite the stories I've heard I couldn't imagine even Emera being able to defeat five of those things. Frankly, it was hard to imagine a 5'1 girl like her would be able to do all of the things that they said she has done. I've seen her fight from the footage and it was still hard to believe.

But these were different. These were white- saggy skinned monstrosities.

"No! What has she done?!" Zoey yelled up.

"Shit! She's gone berserk again!" Stacie was yanking her hair, tugging it down under her chin in worry.

"Nonononononono she's gonna do something stupider than what I'd do!" Bailey gnawed on her lower lip, shaking Richard as they panicked about their friend.

"She's in no state to fight! She's depressed and isn't in her right mind!" Carlyn's eyes were wide as she grabbed onto tufts of her dark and blue hair. "What do you mean?" I asked her, my pigtails flipping around at the panic spread across the room. "Jason's just been taken by your little friend. Of course, Emera's going to be a little crazier without her boyfriend. He's one of the few things that stops her from flying up into nowhere!" Marcus explained, scowling at the thought of Molly. I frowned, they were being a bit too harsh on Molly.

"What do we do? We can't go up there, we might mess something up!" Chase pondered, freaking out.

"It was hard with multiple scientists fighting one, those things are going to kill her!" Spencer said.

"She's got her sword..." Tyler muttered. "Those weapons will kill them right?"

We heard screams coming from above.

--------------

Emera's POV

I flew up, startling several Daemones

"Suffer!" the head Daemon hissed. I rolled my eyes, "What else is new?"

They lunged at me, all at once. I ducked under one and jumped up, flying above their heads. My red cloak was billowing about me, as I drew my knife to my side. They flew up as we dodged and attacked. One went to my left as I slashed, cutting a part of its wing. It hissed as the part of the wing fell off, evaporating before it touched the ground. It lunged and it's clawing were slashing and swiping at me. The leathery wings flapped around me, cornering me as I kept trying to swipe at the monster.

It head butted me as I knocked into the trailer's roof, creating another hole. I was halfway in the room as my friends yelped and screamed. My torso was being pushed back into the hole and room by my neck. The monster was halfway in the room as well. One claw was digging into the back of my neck as it tried to strangle me. One claw hand was raised, threatening to kill me with its long black talons. It's black jaws were snapping before my face with a Snap! Snap! 

"Nice teeth, they come in white?" I choked out.

"Emera! I don't think even you want to die sarcastically!" Richard's eyes were the size of golf balls.

"Die, Source!" the creature hissed at me.

"Fuck, no!" I said. My blade was pressing into its neck as the jaws started snapping closer to my nose. "I know you want a kiss, but I have a boyfriend. Plus, you have bad breath."

It hissed back, it's talons rushing towards my face. I dug the knife deep into its neck. The knife was buried hilt deep into its neck. Just as the talons were about to scratch my face for all it's worth, the Daemon evaporated into smoke and wisps. The blade was clean as I stabbed it into the air.

"Emera!" Talia screamed.

"Gosh, getting choked sure leaves a crick in the neck," I rubbed the back of my neck, where the talons were scratching. It was leaving a burning, acid-like reaction that was hurting a lot more than I let on. Whatever. Daemones first, possible death later.

I flew back up and swiped at the nearest Daemones, two of them attacking me. I got a fire ball in one hand and threw it at one of my attackers. It lit on fire before the fire died out. 

"Nice try, Source. But we're immune to your powers against us," it hissed.

I glowered, "I'll just kill you like I killed the other."

It laughed a shriek like sound. "It's one against four, foolish Source!"

"You're right; bring ten more and it may be a fair fight."

It shrieked as it lunged at me, hissing and screeching at me. "Geez, what is that?! You're mating call?" I asked, shooting up into the air like a rocket. It followed me up and grabbed me by the foot, a long scratch deepening into my leg. I could feel the poison seeping into me. A crazy idea came to me as I shot straight down. It hissed and shrieked in defiance as we went shooting downwards.

I thought of Jason. I wasn't going to die without seeing him again. I and the Daemon were sky rocketing down wards as I swiped my blade across its face. The top half evaporated-but the jaw was still hissing. "Die already!" I yelled in exasperation. I swiped at its chest, stabbing it in the heart. It evaporated just as we were about to hit the floor. I shot back up, narrowly missing the ground. I was aware of my bleeding leg, but I was a bit busy.

The other one who was attacking screamed as I zoomed straight towards it. My blade was held out in front of me as I got into a 'superman flying' pose. It zoomed back at me, both hands outstretched. I narrowly dived between the hands and plunged the knife right through its face- dragging it from the jaw down the throat. It evaporated and hissed as it disappeared- my flying through the leftover smoke.

There were only two left. My mouth was bleeding a bit as I wiped it onto my hand. 

"You're going to die from our poison, Source!" the leader rasped. "Oh please, stop with the formalities. Call me your doom, I insist," I smiled as the blood trickled from the corner of my mouth.

The one next to him leaped up to me and knocked me back into the roof-leaving a dent in the metal. I raised my legs up and kicked it in the chest. It went flying back, before regaining balance and charging again. It charged and headbutted me, it's clawing scratching  my arms. It pushed me into the roof, as we made another hole in the roof and crashed into the floor.

My friends screeched as the Daemon cried out in horror. The knife was buried deep into its stomach. I grabbed the handle and dragged the blade straight up. The Daemon evaporated into gray smoke.

I stood up, hissing in pain.

"Y-your leg!" Talia pointed.

"Watch out!" Tyler yelled.

I heard a crash from behind me and hisses. I threw the knife behind me and over my shoulder. I heard a scream as I looked back to see the Daemon with a knife in its head. It collapsed onto the floor before evaporating into smoke.

They were all gone now.

I looked at the purple, black, and green scratch on the back of my leg and the tiny ones on my arms. I'm sure there were some dots of it on the back of my neck.

My friends gawked at me in complete shock and surprise. They seemed steamed, worried, and relieved all at once. Their hands were curled at their sides and most were red faced or their jaws threatened to hit the ground.

"You got any Aspirin?" I asked them.