Chapter 9-You Tell Me Mind Reader!

The next week everyone was still a little depressed, but Richard decided we should play a sport to lighten the mood. Chase threatened to slap us so fast we wouldn't know where he went-though we all knew he was too nice to actually do that- so we decided to play his sport: Soccer. Not that I minded, me and Jason used to play that all the time back at camp. It was my favorite sport. We had to swear not to use any of our powers to manipulate the game though. Plus I remember one time at camp I kicked the ball and it kicked Jason in the nuts. To this day he doesn't know it was me. Oops.

An hour into the game and I was kicking around the ball, passing it, and dodging others. Most of the girls weren't doing much, and the guys were more so focused on each other. The teams were like this.

TEAM A

Emera, Chase, Zoey, Tyler, and Carlyn

TEAM B

Jason, Stacie, Bailey, Richard, and Marcus

Back to the game, I was feeling a little better (still depressed though) because I was repeatedly kicking something. Haha, not violent AT ALL. I was about to score when Jason stole the ball from me, and smirked. 2 can play THAT game. It turned into a massive steal the ball away from each other, and at the moment we weren't even trying to score the goal. I was just trying to take the ball from him. Jason got the ball and passed it to Richard who kicked it . . .

At my face.

Almost! I closed my eyes, bracing for impact. My glasses fell to the floor with a clatter. I was surprised by not feeling anything, and noticed Jason there holding me protectively. My eyes widened along with everyone else. Surrounding us . . . was a force field. It must've been Jason. He stared into my eyes and whispered quietly into my ear, "I'm . . . sorry." He turned and walked out of the doors of the mansion's indoor gym. I gaped in shock at what happened.

Stacie ran after him, probably to console him with another kiss. *Sigh*

Everyone's eyes trailed after then turned to me as I picked up my glasses.

"We need to talk," Carlyn turned to me.

Gulp.

^^^^^^^^^^^

"Look Emera, you've been depressed ever since you walked out on Jason rejecting Stacie. We wanna know what's up," said Carlyn. She was always quiet so it surprised me that she was talking to me.

"Yea sorry guys . . ." I mumble. "Wait . . .Did you just say JASON rejected STACIE?!"

I was in disbelief. Everyone smirked at my reaction. Not that I care. PPPPSSSSSHH.

"Uh, yeah. After you walked out Jason pulled his hand back and said 'I'm sorry but I have to go after her' and ran off after you. He later returned seeming pissed off and returned to his room. Stacie just stayed in the kitchen cleaning her outfit off since it became covered in stains," Tyler rolled his eyes.

Wait, but in Stacie's room . . .

"That was Zoey and Tyler, Stacie stayed in Zoey's room because they asked to use hers because they didn't want to be in their own," said Carlyn. WAIT DID SHE JUST-?

"Yes, and I believe it's happening to me right now," she replied. Unlike the others transformation, her eyes seemed to be the only thing glowing. She received the power of telepathy. She was calm, her violet eyes turning into an icy blue, her short dark hair started having light blue streaks.

Marcus noticed and immediately hugged her. "I prayed it would be you," he whispered into her ear, causing her to blush. Damn, the cold kid actually showed EMOTION? WHAAAA-?

"Well that's fantastic guys, I'm happy for you," I said. I turned to Zoey and Tyler. "But that was before you got your highlights Tyler . . .and I'm not going to judge for your ages but . . ."

"Sometimes you don't need physical proof or highlights to know you love a person, Emera. You can just tell you will be with them, no matter the cost." Tyler answered. He turned to smile at Zoey, squeezing her hand It makes sense, with Marcus and Carlyn, he seemed to know, and it was obvious between Zoey and Tyler.

"Like you and Jason," said Bailey. "I . . . don't think that's going to happen between us, honestly," I answered her. The mention of it caught a hitch in my voice.

"You might not see it now, but the rest of us do. After all he developed a power just trying to protect you !You have some sort of bond Emera, I mean he protected you. Right . . ." Bailey said. She seemed so sure . . . but if that was true, why couldn't I of all people see that?

"I- I'm not sure guys . . ." I mumble.

"Look Emera, I'm a good friend of Jason, and while we might not be upfront about our feelings for girls, you're DEFINITELY important to him," Tyler smiled. "Just talk to him, and he will listen."

I looked down and smiled.  I smiled for the small sliver of hope that me and Jason could at least be friends. The air around me suddenly seemed lighter, more happy. I felt warm, happy, for the first time in weeks. Everyone else in the room seemed to smile as well, looking relieved.

Suddenly, rays of bright light burst from my hands. I put my hand out from in front of me. It went in the direction of a mirror, and disappeared. "Whoa," I stared wide eyed at the mirror and my hands. I had the power of light. I had . .  THREE POWERS! That's the maximum! I looked at my hair . . . nothing changed. Weird, I mean I felt better of course but nothing special happened. What? I adjusted the glasses on top of my head and skimmed my tongue over my braces.

Carlyn smiled at me as if she knew something. I stared at her confused, as her new electric blue eyes bored into my soft, brown ones.

"You do know what this means . . . Right?" she asked, as if it should be obvious.

"You tell me mind reader!" I said, desperate to understand what she did.

"Well . . . you have 3 powers . . ." she started.

"Uh-huh?" I said. Everyone else in the room seemed to be catching on, wearing the same all-knowing smiles.

"You also haven't gotten your highlights yet . . ." Said Chase.

"Yeah . . . ?" I replied. C'mon guys just SAY it already!

"Gosh Emera, could we make it anymore OBVIOUS?" Richard mocked me.

"Yeah . . . IF YOU SAID IT!" I said. COME ON!!!!!

"It means you exceeded the limit! YOU HAVE MORE THAN 3 POWERS!" Bailey squealed.

Zoey squealed.

Oh.

OH!