Chapter 83- Gay Hair

We walked over to my dorm when we ran into Cole.

"Emera! Babe! Wait up!" he yelled after us.

At that point, both Spencer and Jason turned around and punched him in the nose. At the same time.

He sprawled backward, a trail of blood already running down his uniform tie and shirt.

"Oh yeah, Cole, meet my boyfriend and my previous suitor, asshole," I rolled my eyes. Cole was seriously an ass, he doesn't know when to stop. Most of the time I put up with it, but this time, I wasn't in the mood.

We turned in my dorm and shut the door behind us.

"Let me guess, lot's happened since I've last been here, huh?" Spence raised an eyebrow.

"Refreshing to see you without your lab coat," I commented. He was wearing a grey T-Shirt and jeans. It was better than his standard blinding white coat. The grey blended in with his stormy eyes.

"As it is to see all of you in a uniform," he said, noticing our plaid ties, skirts with the green, blue and gold.

"So, who starts first?" Zoey asked.

"I'd say you guys," Spencer said.

"I suppose I'll tell what happened since we've been here," I said.

I told him the story. Everything from when we first got here, to when we suddenly became 'the Streaks' to the school, to  how I pranked Hannah and her goons with the Ouija board, to the part where I became by the ring, to where we found out about an article that gave us a suspicious name, to my birthday, to when Jason himself got possessed and I freed the spirits of the ring, to when we were being hunted down by paparazzi in the woods, to when we joined our clubs and I auditioned, to when the girls and I fought the people who wrote the article, to when we got to a party and I accidentally got drunk and kissed Marcus, to when Molly and Talia had broken into my room and found the scrapbook, to now.

"Well, one thing's for sure. The ring was definitely from Pristine, though how she got it, I'm not sure. Legend has it Emerald had it, back two thousand years ago. But it was taken from her when she was stolen, so I'm not sure how Pristine got it," Spencer said.

"Damn her," I said. "How did she know about Nabu and Praeteritem?"

Spencer shrugged. "Though Pristine never showed she was against ever against you guys, she was very . . . enthusiastic about your group. She was a genius and was a Dr. with many degrees. Though, how she had enough time to get all of them, I have no idea. She was brilliant and seemed to know everything about the Somnium and the streaks. She knew the most about the old Sources and provided much-needed information about them. Perhaps since she is against Sources, she researched more than we thought to. She was excited about you, though, positive that you wouldn't be failures."

"About that, you never explained. Failures? I mean, shouldn't you know which kids have the genes and successes and stuff? What happened to the Failures?" I asked.

Carlyn's face paled.

"I think I have an idea," she said.

"By all means, do tell Miss Mayle," Spencer said.

"Before, Pristine would convince the Dr. and every other scientist to try to make 'artificial Sources'. They took people and put the gene in them, and they'd put them in the Somnuim and see if they could become Sources. Off course, it didn't work. But Pristine kept changing one thing and kept doing it over and over again trying to make one. There became armies of Failures. The Failures would become monsters. No longer human, not have powers. But they would become mutants, with claws and sharp teeth and be very, very hard to recognize. They could blend in with humans easily until they reveal how they really look like. They became monsters. There were so many . . . They had one default, though, once they were killed, they would evaporate into smoke."

Spencer nodded at this. "At the time, we assumed Pristine just killed them off. She may have been trying to make an artificial Source, but I think she wanted the Failures as well. Just in case. Now she has an entire army of them."

Jason stared wide-eyed at him. "What happened?"

Spencer sighed, "She attacked the lab. She let out the Failures-or I suppose their new name is Daemones, Latin for demons. Pristine came in- and she took people after the attack, some which survived." A sorrowful look overcame his face, "She . . . she took Britney . . ."

"Oh god, Spence, I'm so sorry," I said. But even I knew 'sorry' couldn't help anything. He's sister was taken. I didn't know Britney very well, she was reserved. She had short, brown curly hair that stopped at her chin. She had Spencer's grey stormy eyes, and pale skin. She had a sharp jaw and cheekbones and had a stern expression. She would get flustered when she's pressured, but followed directions easily.

"We easily lost. You guys were our weapons last time, but we were right to send you here. Here is where she can't find you, and you're safer here. I'm not sure even you could've stopped them all," Spencer said.

"Wait, why are you here?" Chase asked.

Spencer looked up at him. "I need to get you back to the lab soon. We need your help because we fear Pristine is planning something terrible. Awfully terrible -to take over the world."

We gasped. "WHAT!? WHY WOULD YOU WANT OUR HELP WITH THAT?!" Richard asked.

We stared at him, "What do you think?" Marcus asked him.

"Oh, yeah," Richard said, realizing once again he had powers.

"Duh," Tyler called back.

"Geez, green day, thought you'd know something," I teased.

"Oh yeah, Gay hair?" he retorted.

Oh, just cause of my rainbow hair huh?

"Touche," I said.

"Wait, why should we save the world anyway?" Marcus asked.

"BECAUSE WE LIVE ON IT!" I shouted.

"I'd think you'd say it's the noble thing to do," Zoey said.

"No, this is more realistic," Bailey admitted.

"So, you'll help? Pristine might end up destroying the world if we don't stop her plan, she'll surely use the Daemones," Spence said.

"Oh course," I said.

"Oh, before I forget, I brought gifts," Spencer said.