Chapter 85- May Her Bacon Burn

Molly's POV

I saw Jason walking down the hall.

Oh, god my heart is pounding. 

I could feel my heart pounding through my chest, a lump in my throat, and butterflies in my stomach. My glasses were furiously cleaned earlier because I needed to make sure I could see through. And I needed something to distract myself with. 

I gulped, let's do this.

"J-Jason," I stammered, tapping his shoulder. He turned around a surprised look on his face.

"Oh, Molly. Hey," he gave a small smile.

"Can we . . .er. . . talk?" I asked him.

His smile was gone as he nodded. "Yeah, we . . . uh, need to talk."

Huh? Was he going to confess to me as well?

I motioned for him to follow me, as I led him behind the school. No one else was around, from what I could tell.

"Jason, there's something I need to tell you," I said.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Let me just tell you I think you're the most amazing person I've ever met, probably even better than my best friend, Talia. I know that you and Emera used to date. And your friends have warned me to stay away, but I don't care. You could be a monster, an alien, whatever. I could care less. It wouldn't change anything about how I feel about you." I said.

"Molly I-"

"I'm not finished... just let me say what I need to," I interrupted. I smiled, my warm brown eyes meeting his rainbow ones. A smile formed on my lips, "I have completely, utterly fallen head over heels for you, the boy I love."

With that I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in. My lips pressed against his, warm and soft. I tasted spearmint, and his lips were soft and smooth against mine.

---------------

Emera's POV

I walked out towards the back of the building, looking for Jason.

Imagine my fucking whoop-dee-doo surprise when I saw none other than Bitch-It-All-Molly kissing him.

Her arms were wrapped around his neck, swinging and clinging to the back of his navy blue uniform blazer. Her eyes were closed behind her glasses, as she pulled Jason closer. Jason's eyes were wide open in shock and horror, and his posture was stiff. His hands were stiff at the side, unsure what to do.

I growled, the tips of my hair started glowing with flickering flames at the tips, turning the purple, brown and blue tips to a fiery red-orange.

I extinguished the flames by wringing my hair. I stomped over to Jason and Molly and pushed her away.

"What the hell!?" I hissed. My eyebrows were furrowed and my jaw clamped together.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "What the hell? Did you just have to barge in like that? We were having a moment!"

"Oh please! Is that ponytail cutting off the circulation to your brain?! You idiot!" I laughed cruelly.

"Oh please, I'm the idiot? Jason's not interested in you anymore!" Molly shouted.

I laughed, but it lacked humor. "Oh, really? Jason-why didn't you inform me of this earlier? I would've taken off my charm bracelet!" 

Jason's jaw was agape, his eyes wide and petrified. He wasn't in shock because I interrupted the kiss -he was scared what would happen to Molly.

"I-uh. Molly-Emera I-" he stuttered.

"Jason! You shouldn't let her use you like that! She doesn't control you," Molly told him. What's this bitch getting at now?

"Wow. Yeah, of course, I'd do that to Jason! Why didn't he ever notice before?" I rolled my eyes, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

Molly stood up and got in my face, shaking her pointer finger at me. "You're just like those mean girls from my books! Always think they can get whatever they want, try to keep the nerd away from the popular guy who's interested in her, can't take a hint! You're just a bitch!"

I laughed a laugh that made the sky seem darker. The lights from the sides of the building seemed to drain of energy. 

"When are you going to understand we aren't in one of your books?! This isn't where the guy falls for the nerd. This isn't where the bad boy falls for the good girl because he changed him! If it was, perhaps I'd be back with my parents and never brought through hell! If it were, perhaps you're oh so precious Jason would actually be normal! Perhaps we'd have never gotten here! But no, you're too stubborn for your own good! You refuse to believe what's in front of you! Everyone's telling you to believe it, but you're so dense you turn a blind eye! You're an idiot!" I yelled.

Her lower lip trembled, but she still stood proud and tall. She doesn't listen. 

She grabbed Jason's hand and tried to drag him with her, "Come on, Jason. We don't have to deal with her or her bullshit."

To her surprise, Jason pulled away. She raised her eyebrow, confused.

"M-Molly, I can't . . ." Jason stuttered.

"Why not?!" she asked. "Did she convince you to do this?"

"No, it's because . . ."

"He's my boyfriend," I said. I showed her my charm bracelet and made sure she could see the 'J' charm.

"N-no, you're l-lying! Jason?" she turned to him.

Jason held my hand and gave it a tight squeeze. "I tried to tell you before, Molly. But you wouldn't listen. I and Emera have been an item since before we've gotten here. You should've known by the highlights, and everyone telling you so."

His highlights seemed to be more noticeable at that moment, the red and the purple and green and other colors standing out prominently from his rich brown hair.

"I'm not sure if the others have told you this Molly, but you need to stay away from us. You've already been dragged into enough shit. It's a good this you're so dense you still can't figure out our secret," I said, retorting the last insult to her.

Her lower lip trembled, as water formed from the corner of her eyes. Fat tears rolled steadily down her cheeks, her long hair swishing as she furiously shook her head. Her fists were clenched tightly and trembling.

Her first broken heart.

"Molly-" I tried to apologize, reaching out to console her.

"Don't touch me! It's all your fault! All your fault! I . . .I-I hate you! I HATE YOU!" she screamed, wet anger trembling in her voice.

Oh, paddy-whack shit no.

She ran away, her uniform skirt swaying along as she hurried away.

I sighed. Jason squeezed my hand and kissed the top of my hand, still tightly held together.

"Hey, she had to find out sooner or later," he said.

I sighed, "I'm still mad she kissed you, though."

He held my chin up and forced me to look at him. Our eyes met, the colors swirling around his orbs. "Hey, I wanted to tell her. I was going to tell her. But she ended up confessing and kissing me without warning. But don't ever believe I'd kiss anyone other than you willingly," at this he kissed my lips tenderly.

"I love you," he whispered.

"May her bacon burn," I said.

"I'll take that as a 'Gee, Jason! I sure do love you too!'" he joked.