Chapter 78- Blow Up Your Date

"So, what do you think?" Hannah asked me, her green eyes waiting for my approval.

I looked back at the script I'd have to memorize. "I have to admit, I like it."

Cole grinned at me, his white teeth gleamed in the light. He had buttery golden fuckboy hair and tan skin. He had brown eyes and dimples. He looked like a true Californian surfer dude. I could see why he was apparently 'popular' since he had good looks. Nothing compared to Jason though. "I, personally can't wait to play Ashton."

"Can't wait to play as Christie, either," I said.

Cole kept smiling at me. I thought he portrayed the character of Ashton perfectly. Ashton was a cocky player who thought he could get any girl he wanted. Cole was exactly the same.

I stuffed my script in my bookbag. I still couldn't believe a guy like Cole was into acting and singing, but I do tend to get surprised.

"You know we could practice our scenes in private? A little one on one rehearsal," he said. Cole scratched the back of his head, expecting him to say yes.

"Or, we could just have a life?" I smiled sweetly. Rather than scoffing or feeling insulted, his smile grew. "Feisty, no wonder you seem so fiery," he purred. "Playing hard to get, aren't cha?"

"Or I'm not playing at all?" I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

Everyone else was out of the room. Cole looked around and cornered me into the wall, both of his hands on either side of the wall. Personally, I found it more alluring when Jason did it. "C'mon, I'm sure I'll break you eventually, Emera," he said, flashing me a 100-watt smile.  Something is seriously cocky about this Senior. He started getting closer to me, as I realized he was going to try to kiss me. I smirked, and he smiled devilishly at me.

Then I kicked his nuts.

He groaned as he fell to the ground before me. That's right, get on your knees bitch.

I placed a finger under his chin and tilted his face up towards mine. "It's so cute when they try," I laughed. He scowled, "You're just making it more tempting to rise to the challenge, Emera."

I giggled, "Go ahead and try, but believe me: I have a role to play, and so do you. So let's keep this professional."

I grabbed the bag as he grabbed his balls. "You insult me, Emera. Much like Christie and Ashton," Cole referenced to the play. I smiled at him, "I'd love to insult you, but I don't think I could do as good of a job as mother nature did."

"Ooh, the burn," he smirked, as he got up. "Challenge?"

"Why not?" I smirked evilly.

"Alright, roast challenge -you, me, here, now," he held up his hand for me to shake. I grabbed his hand and made sure it hurt him. By his wince, I could see it did. 

"You first," I raised my eyebrow.

"Why don't you slip into something more comfortable? Like a coma?" he grinned.

"I was going to give you a nasty look, but I can tell you already have one," I said. He fake flinched.

"I'm a bit busy right now . . . could you go ahead and call yourself an idiot for me?" he asked. I clutched my heart and winced.

"Ooh, got me there. Sorry, I'm not your pet, let me give you one! Here's a bird!" With that, I flipped him off.

He smiled, "I don't insult people, I describe them."

"What sexual positions produce the ugliest children? Ask your mother," I said. 

He laughed, "OK, you win that round."

I bowed, "As always."

"You sure we couldn't go out to eat or something?" he asked.

"Let's see, I've kicked you in the nuts and insulted you, so why don't you save your breath. After all, you'll need it to blow up your date tonight," I said, leaving the Senior.

I exited as I saw Carlyn and Zoey running up to me.

"Emera! Someone broke into your dorm!" Zoey said.

I laughed hysterically. "Has she finally gone crazy?" Carlyn asked.

I whipped out my phone and showed them the tape. "Molly doesn't even know I was filming while I was at the meeting."

They gawked at me. "How-? Zoey asked. 

"Oh, please. The girl's easier to read than those books she's obsessed with. I even left the door unlocked," I chuckled.

"Emera! What if she finds out something?" Carlyn scolded. 

"Oh please, the girl will ignore anything and everything in order to believe Jason loves her instead of me, and any photos of our powers she'd be too ignorant of. She'll probably think they're fake," I said.

"For your sake I hope you're right," Zoey said. "But if she does get close . . ."

I waved my hand, "If she really finds out, she'll try to forget it in order to think Jason's normal."

"You're smarter than you seem," Carlyn said. "I still can't believe you knew she'd break in."

I shrugged, "She reminds me of my formal self. And who knows, maybe she will find out, maybe she won't."

"So, how did the script review go?" Zoey asked.

"Oh, nothing out of the ordinary. My co-star just hit on me and I kicked him in the nuts and we had a roasting battle. The usual," I said. They gawked at me.

"WHAT?!" they yelled.

"You kicked him in the nuts? Are you insane?" Carlyn scolded me.

"Emera! I get if he's asking you to dinner and you say no, but actually hurting him is far out of the question!" Zoey shook her head.

"What? I wasn't interested in the guy. He came into contact with my personal bubble, so my foot came into contact with his personal bubbles," I rolled my eyes.

"The question is, how will Jason react to the news?" Carlyn asked.

I shuddered at the thought. Jason was a bit protective and possessive. I probably still had that mark on my neck from when he was Anti-Jason. And when he found out Spencer liked me, and we first kissed and got our highlights- and he actually met Spencer- he wasn't too friendly with him. Lord knows how he'll react to this one.

"Don't worry, Emera. Tyler never seems to stay mad at me. And Jason will probably just have an angry make out session with you," Zoey teased. I gasped and smacked her lightly on the arm as she giggled.

Carlyn rolled her eyes, "Really, you two? Only one chance to find out, you can tell him after lunch. We need to get our food."

We nodded and headed to the Cafeteria.