Chapter 81- 12 Future Babies

Molly's POV

It had been two months since I met Jason Kimber.

And my feelings for him have only grown.

Every night I dreamed of his hair, his eyes . . .

We talked so much. He'd mention how I was a good friend for insisting on helping him with tutoring. I had a feeling he wanted me to confess I wanted to be a bit more than friends. At least that's the vibe I was getting. Though Talia kept insisting he might actually think of me as a friend and just thanking me for helping him, I ignored her.

I was talking to him, staring at him adoringly. My glasses were getting foggy from my breathing. He was flipping through the math textbooks, his fingers gingerly brushing through the corners. He ran a hand through his rainbow/brown locks, his multicolored eyes staring intently at the pages and the equations. His pale skin was glowing in the light.

I inhaled the scent. It smelled faintly of vanilla and a little bit of coffee. Which was weird because he never ate or drank those two things.

I took a small smell of myself. I usually smell like fresh cut grass . . . at least that's what Talia told me.

I carefully hid away any of my doodles of him and my name

Molly Kimber . . .

Has a ring to it, doesn't it? JK + MS

I never got any closer to what was so different about the Streaks. I was positive Jason and Emera were ex's though. He has to be single!

"So, uh, Molly?" 

I snapped back into reality. He was staring at me now. Oh my god, what if he asks me to be his girlfriend?

"Y-Yeah?" It's amazing how he still manages to make me blush and stutter around him. My heart beat at the same beat as a hummingbird's wings.

"Uh, I really don't think I need this tutoring anymore . . ." he said.

What?! NO!

"H-huh? What do you m-mean?" I asked him, flabbergasted.

I started combing my mousy, long brown hair lately. I'd tuck it into a long, high ponytail now. Regardless, the end would still reach my waist- ponytail or not. So I looked a bit more presentable. I'd wear coverage for my acne and chapstick.

I made myself look better.

For him.

He couldn't just leave!

"It's just uh . . .I tried to tell you this earlier but I'm doing better in Math. I don't really need it. I mean, you're a nice girl and everything but . . ." he trailed off.

Oh. 

Oh.

Emera was behind this.

She was clearly afraid I'd take away her chance of getting Jason back! She was jealous of me! I knew it!

My ears turned red, and my hands clenched, rolled up into fists. My uniform skirt was getting bunched up in my fists, trembling in anger. I clenched my jaw and gritted my teeth. I tried desperately not to glare a hole into the wall. I was sure that there were little crescents where my fingers dug into my palm.

Emera was behind all of this! She was the only thing standing between me and Jason! I knew it!

The crazy ex-girlfriend was always the one who got jealous of the cute, nerdy new girlfriend.

It's always that way in books.

"I understand," I said. Jason sighed in relief and surprise, "Really?"

I nodded grimly.

"Don't worry Jason," he gave me a confused look at this. "I'll find a way."

He looked at me confused like he didn't know what I was talking about.

Yes, you can tell Emera this, we can make a secret. I'll fix it like how they do in books.

Of course, I tried to tell him all of this with my eyes.

"Uh, I should get going soon," he said. He picked up his books and headed out. As I shut the door behind him I flopped on my bed.

"I'll fix it! I WILL fix it!"

Talia walked in, scrolling through her phone.

"Fix what?" she asked me.

"I think Emera is trying to keep me and Jason away from each other!" I said.

Talia rolled her eyes, "I wonder why."

I ignored her.

"Gee, Molly. You really like this guy, you act like you're going to marry him or something!" Talia said.

I just thought of my 12 future babies we might have if all goes well and as I hope it will.

"What am I supposed to do?" I mumbled into my pillow.

Life was so hard as a freshman. It sucks.

SUCKS!

What am I to do?

"Here's the question, do you love him?" Talia sighed.

I looked down into my lap silently, "Yes."

"Do you honestly think he loves you too?" she asked.

I looked down thoughtfully. "Yes."

"Then why don't you ask him out?" Talia asked me.

"I don't know! Shouldn't the guy ask the girl?" I asked.

"What do you think lesbians do? Sometimes the girl has to make the first move," Talia said.

"What do you suggest I do?" I asked her.

"Well, get both you and him alone. Then confess and hope for the best. If it goes well ask him to be your boyfriend. People start dating seriously in high school anyway," she told me.

"I don't know . . .what if he rejects me?" I asked.

She shrugged, combing out her blond pigtails. Her blue eyes were staring into my brown ones. "If you really think he loves you, then why would you have any reason to worry? Not to mention, if the guy says no, why would you want to be with him anyway?" she asked me.

I suppose that's true.

"But . . ."

"Just go for it Molly, better sooner than later. Just get it out of the way!" Talia huffed.

"Alright, I'll ask him out tomorrow! I won't let Emera get in my way! I and Jason are meant to be!" I said.

Talia rolled her eyes.

It's ironic, really. The biggest fan of the Streaks is best friends/ roommates with the girl the Streaks probably have the most conflict with. I mean, really it's a bit humorous isn't it? 

Tomorrow I was going to confess to Jason.

Tomorrow we were going to be officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

My heart was thumping out of my chest just at the thought of it.

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god.

I'M GOING TO TELL HIM I LOVE HIM!