Chapter 79- If They Got Hit By A Bus

We were walking out of the cafeteria and over to the woods when we overheard a few guys' conversation.

"Rape is just sex! And if the person is wearing sexy clothing, their just asking for it!" Douchebag #1 said. The other boy laughed, "Yeah, I mean, what's the difference between a yes and a no? Nothing."

"Ignore them, Emera. They're just jerks," Zoey said. I wouldn't say I hated them. I'd just say if they got hit by a bus, I'd be the one driving that bus.

Carlyn and she both put down their trays and grabbed onto my arms. I shoved my tray in their arms and got my hands out of arms as I escaped their grasp. I marched right up to the boys.

"Would you mind if I punched you in the face?" I asked. Doucebag #2 looked at me confused-like, "Yes."

With that I pulled my hand back gave him a swing, punching him square in the nose. Blood splattered as he toppled over. "Apparently, a yes is the same as a no in your book," I said.

With that, I turned to the other boy and slapped him in the face. "Fuck you," I growled.

With that, I marched back to my friends and grabbed my tray. I stomped away as they ran back to me. "Seriously, Emera?!" Zoey gasped. "What? They deserved it," I said.

Carlyn shook her head, "You're too unpredictable."

"Ironic since they should've seen it coming," I grumbled.

-------------------

Molly's POV

"What is it, Miss Stone?" Principal Jackson asked me. "Bullying? Reporting? Vandalism? What was so important you demanded the office ladies let you into my office for an unscheduled meeting?"

I whipped out Talia's phone.

"It's about the Streaks," I said.

She raised one blond eyebrow and adjusted her glasses. "What about them?"

"Where are they from? What are they? Why are they here?" I asked her.

"You are in no position Miss Stone to ask for private information about our students," she warned.

"Oh really? I think this may change my position," I said. I showed her photos of the mansion and the editing powers Emera had in her scrapbook on my phone. I wanted to see if these pictures meant anything to her.

To my surprise, her brown eyes widened, as her eyebrows shot up her forehead. "Where did you find this?" she whispered.

Wait, these mean something? I kept up a straight face.

"I asked you first, now answer my questions, Principal Jackson. I'm here on a scholarship, and I know you've been expelling some students of very wealthy parents because of the Streaks. What will the board think when you expel one of the top students? The list is only growing," I said.

She glared at me. "You really don't want to know this secret, Miss Stone."

Why is everyone telling me that?

"Tell me the stuff that I can, then," I said.

She sighed, and patted her platinum blonde bob.

"Don't say we didn't warn you," she said.

"We?"

She pulled up a laptop, and it showed the video of the Streaks warning me or whatever. "Don't act like they haven't warned you. You're meddling with something you won't be able to understand. It's best if you don't know."

"I want to know, what do these pictures mean?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow. "Tell me, what do you think?"

I looked back at the phone. "Well... editing? I mean, her body is completely on fire!"

"Interesting," the principal murmured. "Believe anything but the truth. That seems to be the main thing about you."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Tell me, do you think Jason and Emera are dating?" she asked me.

"What? No, at least not anymore," I told her.

"Ignorant," she chuckled.

"Just answer my questions! Stop evading it!" I yelled.

She stared at me. "Fine, perhaps this will kill your curious tendencies towards the Streaks. But first, do you swear all that is said in this room will stay in this room?"

"I swear," I promised.

She nodded and pressed a red button. I didn't really get what it did. "What is it you want to know?"

"Where are they from?" I asked.

"They are from all over the country, actually. Jason and Emera are from Tennessee. Stacie is from California and Chase New Jersey. Bailey is from New York and Richard is from Texas. Marcus is from Hawaii and Carlyn is from Missouri. Zoey is from North Dakota and Tyler is from Washington," she said.

Well, they aren't from here. That's for sure.

"OK, what are they?" I asked. Were they aliens? If so, Jason was one hot alien. Though I don't remember any romance novels I've read about an alien boy falling in love with a human girl.

Principal Jackson raised an eyebrow. "They are boys and girls, Miss Stone."

OK, well that's boring.

"One. More. Question," I tapped my chin with each word. "Why are they here?"

She sighed. "Let's just say this is a safe haven until things are safe for them to be elsewhere."

"Now, if that's all, I suggest you leave. I have a meeting with some very angry parents," with that she exited me out of the room.

I felt as if I knew even less than I originally thought.

------------

Emera's POV

I was sitting at my desk. Stacie was on a date with Chase, and only me and Jason were in the dorm.

"OK, so you're going to be pissed, probably," I said.

Jason rolled his eyes, "What did you do THIS time?"

"I didn't do anything!" I said.

"OK, OK. What happened?" he asked.

"Well, I got the main part in the play... and the co-star is this dude named Cole," I said. He raised an eyebrow, "And . . . ?"

"And . . . he might've tried to kiss me . . . and hit on me,"  I said.

With that, Jason banged me against the table and kissed me angrily. My eyes widened as he applied pressure. It went on for a while before he finally let me breathe. I was trying desperately to catch my breath. "Mine," Jason smirked, his hands on either side of me.

"I kicked him in the balls! It was a bit unnecessary to make out with me on the desk! Gee, possessive much?" I breathed out, still struggling to catch my breath.

"Well, I guess it's time I ask you this formally," he said. He pulled out a small box.

I glared at him, "I swear to God if you propose I'm going to kick you in the balls just like I did to Cole."

He laughed, "No, I'm just going to officially ask you to be my girlfriend."

He opened the box and revealed a charm of the letter J for my charm bracelet. He attached it to my bracelet. "Awe, that's so sweet," I gushed. I hugged him tightly. "Thank you," I said.

I guess I'm officially his girlfriend.

I started laughing. "What's so funny?" he asked me.

"Now, you need to keep Molly away from you. Now that we're official you're mine," I flicked his forehead.

"And I don't want some girl trying to get with my boyfriend."