Chapter 70- My Boobs Hurt

I headed over to the drama department. Apparently, to get into the drama club you had to audition. Hell, I didn't even know how we were supposed to audition!

I opened the door, and everyone was quiet and stared at me. Damn, should I be used to this already? The room filled with whispers as I walked over to the girl who seemed tot be the head. It was Hannah, which figures. 

"Hey, Hannah." I placed one hand on my hip, my uniform skirt swaying. "O-oh h-hey Emera! What a-are you doing h-here?" she asked. Still stuttering huh? "I'm going to audition for the play!" I told her, twirling one rainbow strand of hair around my finger.  All at once, the entire room seemed to gasp, as I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

What, never seen a girl want to act?

"Sure. Just . . .uh . . . sing . . . uh . . . one of the songs on this list!" With that, she spun around and glared at one girl, who seemed to be trembling in her converse. The girl hastily scribbled on the nearest notepad and offered it to Hannah, who snatched it up and smiled at me. I gave her a look before I tried to read the messy handwriting.

"I'll do . . .How To Be A Heartbreaker," I said.

"Perfect! SOMEONE GET THE SONG HOW TO BE A HEARTBREAKER NOW!" she yelled.

People scrambled left and right and before I knew it the crowd had shoved me on stage with my mouth an inch from a mike. I wonder if this is what singers use to practice 'choking'.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat.

The music started as I grabbed the mike. "Rule #1, Is that you've gotta have fun. But baby when you're done . . . gotta be the first to run."

I felt  dozens of eyes on me.

"Rule #2, just don't get attached to somebody you could lose. So l-let me tell you . . ."

The beat started catching in.

"This is how to be a heartbreaker . . ."

Some people started dancing.

"Boys, they like a little danger . . ."

Some were singing along.

"We'll get him falling for a stranger . . .A player singing I lo-lo-love you."

It was starting to look like a rave.

I whispered the following part, "At least I think I do."

The part after that mainly consisted of sex noises like "OOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOooooooh! OOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOhhh! OOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooH! Singing I lo-lo-love you! At least I think I do!"

I'll admit I was starting to have fun up there. Swaying my hips to the beat and singing the notes. The people I suppose were the judges for the auditions were hastily scribbling down on their notepads and chit-chatting among themselves as I variously sang the frick-frack noises in the song.

Some were cheering, which I thought was odd. Damn, I'm just auditioning. This isn't a party. God damn what the mother fucking hell is wrong wit you fam.

I finished the song and there was a deafening applause. I didn't think I was that good, why are they clapping? This is all confusing . . .

Hannah went up to me and side hugged me, which made me feel very . . . uncomfortable.

"Wow, Emera! You were amazing! You will TOTALLY get a part in the play!" She squealed, for once I heard her when she wasn't stuttering. She hugged me tighter and stretched a white smile to the cameras. She was squeezing me very tightly.