Readjusting

I looked down at the girl again.

Blade: “And what’s that supposed to mean?”

I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about her. I couldn't get much of a read on her and the attitude didn't help, but for crying out loud I come back from a long trip to be told one of my enemies is no longer my enemy? What the frag?

Optimus: “Maiden, all will be explained in time.”

I looked back at him now. There it was again; that distant tone of voice and look and how he couldn't seem to invest in me or anything I did. What had happened?

Red: "It means ahm a bit... unusual inna word. If ya knew hands on whut ah could-"

            She stopped when her hand made an abrupt whirring noise and separated into segments, revealing Cybertronian wires and fingers curving into long clawed digits.

Red: ".... ain't this a fine kettle 'a fish?"

            She grumbled, sounding annoyed, but I didn’t think when I jumped back and pulled away from Optimus.

Blade: "Would someone explain before my blasters get a mind of their own?!"

            This was just too freaky and I was pretty sure I might just start shooting and asking questions later at this rate. Red was sheepish as she attempted to explain.

Red: "Ah uh... ah happen 't beh techno-organic. 'Alf human, 'alf Cybahtronian. Don't ask, that's a huge story in itself.”

            Soundwave nodded in agreement. Despite his at first threatening presence, he looked more at ease and kinder. He was . . . human-like?

SoundWave: "Soundwave: Agrees."

            I’d never heard him vocalize anything before. His voice had a slight robotic notch to it, but it was gentle all the same. This day just wouldn’t cease with all it’s weird twists and turns.

            I couldn’t help myself; I facepalmed and tried to rub the area around my optics.

Blade: “Okay, techno-organic,”

            I pointed to Red.

Blade: “No longer my enemy,”

            I pointed to SoundWave.

Blade: "Anything else important that's going on?"

Red: "Ah... heh..."

            I heard Red chuckle nervously.

Red: "You, again, would beh surprised."

            I looked up, and saw Red look at Optimus pleadingly; he just shrugged and said nothing. I looked around, trying to piece things together.

Blade: "Surprised about what?"

            It was a half-hearted question. I was too exhausted from the journey and our confusing conversation to really care, or even want to hear some crazy new information about something that would take up more space in my processor.

Red: "You'll know soon 'nuff. Ya look more tired than an insomniac on sleep'n pills. So c'mon inside.”

            SoundWave scooped her up and walked in quickly. She only had time to gasp.

Red: “Whoop!”

Optimus tried to aid me in walking to the base, but I put up my hands and walked away, following SoundWave and Red, lost on everything that had happened in the short time we'd been here. How on Cybertron could so much happen already? He followed me closely, like he always did, but I wasn't sure how to feel right now; he'd kind of ignored me for the last seven months; and I'd been in deep space to make matters even better.