Gentleman (Never Stop)

I spent enough time curled in Optimus’ arms, just watching everyone converse that I hadn’t noticed Miko . . . or the DJ system she’d apparently rented.

Miko: “All right party animals!”

    She yelled into the microphone. I tried to resist covering my audio receptors in surprise and the sharpness of the noise. Especially when the machinery shrieked. Some others weren’t so controlled in their reactions.

Miko: “Oops!”

    She quickly turned some dials, reducing the frequency so the machine stopped making that dreadful noise.

Miko: “Sorry about that folks! Now! If you don’t mind! JewelBlade! Optimus! Get off your lazy bums and out here! It’s time for your first dance as husband and wife!”

    Uh . . . what?

    Seeing us, unmoving, she called again.

Miko: “Aw, come on! Don’t tell me I got this song for nothing! Prime! You asked for it specifically! Help me out here!”

    I looked back at him, having been leaning on his chest for the last twenty minutes or so.

Blade: “Excuse me?”

    He gave me a quick kiss before standing up, carrying me over to the cleared area that I presumed was now the dance floor.

    Well . . . this was . . . unexpected.

    He set me down carefully, and Miko hit the music and lowered the lights. Oh AllSpark, what had this mech done?

    He set his servos on my waist as the music began.

    “This is my love song to you, Let every woman know I'm yours”

    I grinned as he started the steps, however slowly, and my arms wrapped behind his neck, expanding my size only slightly, so we were a bit more even, but I let him keep the height advantage, for tradition’s sake.

    I mean, that was why we were even here right now, wasn’t it?

“So you can fall asleep each night, babe, And know I'm dreaming of you more”

That was true; I always slept next to him; and now it was sanctioned by marriage.

“You're always hoping that we make it, You always want to keep my gaze, Well you're the only one I see love, And that's the one thing that won't change”

True and true. The second two . . . well I guess I’d take his word for it, or rather, the song’s word.

“I'll never stop trying, I'll never stop watching as you leave, I'll never stop losing my breath, Every time I see you looking back at me, And I'll never stop holding your hand, I'll never stop opening your door, I'll never stop choosing you babe, I'll never get used to you”

I smiled softly, looking down at the ground, helm brushing against his chest and spark chamber. I felt that little tug again . . .

“And with this love song to you, It's not a momentary phase, You are my life, I don't deserve you, But you love me just the same”

    I felt that little trace of his spark . . . that told me that this song was truly how he felt . . . so I . . . I guess he felt the same as I did . . . unworthy . . .

“And as the mirror says we're older, I will not look the other way, You are my life, my love, my only, And that's the one thing that won't change”

I hoped to the AllSpark that was true. I felt in his spark that it was.

I rested my helm against his chest, ready to cry at the emotional ferocity of that song. Of the emotions flooding over to me.

“I'll never stop trying, I'll never stop watching as you leave, I'll never stop losing my breath, Every time I see you looking back at me, And I'll never stop holding your hand, I'll never stop opening your door, I'll never stop choosing you babe, I'll never get used to you”

    I won’t lie; a few tears slipped from my optics. Optimus was such a gentleman; so humble, so sweet, so . . . Optimus. Unique. He was irreplaceable.

    “You still get my heart racing, You still get my heart racing for you, You still get my heart racing, You still get my heart racing, For you”

“I'll never stop trying, I'll never stop watching as you leave, I'll never stop losing my breath, Every time I see you looking back at me, And I'll never stop holding your hand, I'll never stop opening your door, I'll never stop choosing you babe, I'll never get used to you”

The song came to a reluctant close. I felt that tiny tug again, but it was growing stronger.

    I pleaded with it, ‘just wait, just wait a little longer, please.’

    And thankfully, that seemed to sate it for now.

    Optimus planted a small, sweet, innocent kiss on my lips. He was such a darling.

    He was such a gentleman.