Acceptance

Emery: "WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME!!”

Somehow, her reaction didn’t surprise me much.

Red smiled brightly and so did Soundwave. The techno-organics either cheered or made gagging faces, of course. And amidst it all . . . well, that’s where the surprise came from.

Meggy: "YAAAY!"

Little Meggy squealed loudly. Red just laughed at her daughter.

Red: "Well ah'll beh!"

The kiss was broken softly so we could look down at the source of the noise.

Blade: "Well it looks like someone's happy."

I mused, in a state of euphoria myself. I couldn’t really help it, though. And if I could, I wouldn’t.

Meggy's eyes were wide and bright, smiling brightly.

Meggy: "YAY! GAMPA!"

Red burst out laughing. I had to keep myself from snickering.

Soundwave: "Information: Sparklings do not speak until they are six stellar cycles old."

Red: "We'll ah guess ours jest missed tha' 'lil 'ol part, now did she?"

Optimus knelt down by the child and her parents, so the sparkling could get a better look, a smile still on his faceplate.

Meggy: "GAMPA!"

The small child squealed again. Her smile widened even more, and began to make excited chirps and squeaks, reverting to sparkling dialect. Similar to what Red had once done with her father.

Optimus: "Hello there, Darling."

He responded, offering up a large digit to her tiny form. The sight of their interaction made my spark swell with joy.

She reached up and clutched it, tiny hands barely able to grasp the tip. But nonetheless held onto his finger like her life depended on it.

Meggy cooed, eyes twinkling brightly.

His smile grew even more. Out of instinct I knelt next to him on the floor, observing the tiny interaction between them.

When I did, Meggy turned her head and a happy peep came from her.

Meggy: “GAMMA!"

It was Emery's turn to laugh, along with Kasey.

Blade: "I-, uh-."

I was flustered to put it simply,  unsure of what to even think of the title. I wasn't prepared to be a grandmother . . . and yet, why not? I'd already risked myself going for Meggy, multiple times if my counted her offer to Megatron in the cave. I cared about the child and Red, and even Soundwave even though there'd been a time where we’d been enemies, so . . . why couldn't I be Megawave's grandmother?

My embarrassed expression broke into a smile.

Blade: "Hey Sweetheart."

Meggy, hearing Blade's voice, made another series of happy chirps and squeaks, even a peep here and there.

Red: "Ah gotta say, she sure is vocal!"

Red laughed.

Soundwave: "Statement: So is Red."

Red: " 'Ey!"

Red shot him a look, but it broke into a smile. Hearing her mother's voice, Meggy turned her head.

Meggy: "MAMA!"

Red stopped short before she gained control of herself again. I was sure there were mixed emotions surrounding that word fo her.