Accidents Happen

Blade drove out into the desert, hoping she would stumble across the dark-skinned girl with black lips and black + blue hair. It took about five minutes of following the path she'd seen her take before she saw her small figure on the ground.

Blade: "Em?"

She called softly into the night. She heard no reply and decided the girl must've fallen asleep out here. She smiled gently before striding over and picking up the girl in her servos.

Blade: "Just hang on a bit."

She whispered. She cradled Emery as she walked back to the base, inside and into her room. There was an extra cot on the other side, so she laid Em down as gently as she could, hoping not to disturb her sleep.

            After the techno-organic was taken care of, she went back to her own cot and fell into recharge.

Emery yawned the next morning and rolled over.

Emery: "Uhmph . . . yeah . . . just five more minutes . . ."

She mumbled, rolling over on her side and eyes opening.

Emery: "Hey . . . what the . . .?!"

She gasped, eyes wide. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes.

Emery: "Man... how long was I out?"

She mumbled.

Blade's optics shuttered open after a few good hours of recharge.

Blade: "Well, after I picked you up to make sure you weren't eaten by coyotes or something . . ."

She checked the time on her internal clock. She’d had Ratchet fix it some time ago.

Blade: "Six, seven hours? I don't know when you fell asleep, so I can't fill you in for before then."

It had been just before midnight when she'd found Em.

Emery: “WHAT?!”

            She rolled over in shock and fell right off the cot and lay sprawled out on the floor.

Emery: “Do not. Tell. Anyone.”

Blade: “Tell them what?”

            She asked coyly with a smile on her faceplate, insinuating that no one would hear of this . . . situation.

Emery: “Good.”

            She huffed indignantly.