Emery

I heard her voice before I saw her.

Red: "Ahm go'n too."

            Red walked out from the same way I’d come, looking a bit sore and stiff in her movements, but otherwise fine.

 Red: "It's mine 'an Soundwave's job 't find 'an bring back techno-organics 't safety."

            I won’t deny that I was confused as I stared down at her, so she tried to explain. What on Cybertron was she talking about? There were more of them? She grinned, questioning my look with a vocalized question of her own.

Red: "Didn't think ah was 'th onlay one, did ya?"

            Well, okay, maybe it wasn’t that crazy that there were more; how much more would probably be the crazy part.

Red: "But, we're gonna need 'elp."

            I guessed that was our cue, since they would likely need a bit of trained muscle on a retrieval team. Red’s size put her at a bit of a disadvantage against the Decepticons.

Blade: "Darlin', I'd be delighted to."

            I answered with a smile. Optimus’ hand was on my shoulder before I realized it, and I sighed in resignation, knowing he’d be coming with, but I wasn’t as upset about it as I would’ve been a few hours ago. Recharging went a long way for my mood.

            Ratchet nodded at the development and fired up the groundbridge.

Red: “Battle mode: On!”

Red's entire body glowed and dark red metal plating appeared and covered her from head to toe. Her eyes hidden by a battle mask. Soundwave went through the ground bridge first, followed by Red.

Blade: “Well that’s pretty.”

            I mumbled before striding through the ground bridge with Optimus close behind, and I was sincere about it. I thought it was an incredible armor set. However, I wondered how much had occurred that had kept Optimus so preoccupied while I was gone.

            Soundwave deployed Laserbeak, quickly scanning the area. It took him only a minute to pinpoint the techno-organic.

Soundwave: "Techno-Organic: Found. Status: In danger. Location: One mile due north west, towards the city's electric generator."

            Well this was going to be fun, now wasn’t it?

Red: “Thanks darl'n.”

She said sweetly. However, what she said next was as strict as military commands.