Changes

Emery: "Hah . . ."

She scoffed, then sat down, plating shrinking away and staring up at the fading storm. I wasn’t really expecting the turn the conversation took next. I didn’t think about it much, much less talk about it.

Emery:  "JB . . . You gave everything up when you were human to become an Autobot. Why? I mean, it's not something I would've done, any of us would've done! So . . . Why?"

    I’ll admit; it was a good question. And it wasn’t something I’d pondered very often. My current life was just . . . well it fit like a glove.

Blade: "Because . . . well, I didn't really have much to lose. I had this constant feeling of EMPTY like I should've been doing more with my life, and then I met Optimus and the bots, and when Miko explained the whole situation and how they were low on firepower . . . it just felt like I'd found my place. I felt like I'd finally found some place where I could make a difference. And look at all the things I've done! They're things I would never have managed as my old self. And I think . . . I think Star had something to do with it. She pulled me back into this world, knowing it's where I belonged.”

In my euphoria of remembrance, I’d completely forgotten that Emery had no idea who ‘Star’ was.

Emery: "Star?! As in, 'Star-Scream'?!"

I couldn’t help but laugh.

Blade: "No, not Screamy. StarBreak. She . . . well, supposedly I was her in my last life cycle. She . . . well she was JumpStart's spark mate and Raven's sister. They were all in one unit with Firefly."

    And trust me, the spark mate business had made things a tad . . . sticky for me at times. Like at the wedding . . . Oh AllSpark, Jay looked so spark broken I couldn’t even look at him.

Emery: "So you were an Autobot even before you were JB?!"

It seemed to me that Emery was a little bit more than stunned.

Emery: ". . . Funniest thing is, I remember the name my parents gave me before they sent me to earth . . ."

She looked away, outwards at the now-setting-sun.

Emery: "Antidote. They wanted me to be the Antidote to the War's suffrage someday."

    That was a heck of a lot of pressure to put on any one person. I mean, really. The WHOLE war? By herself?

Blade: "Well you're an antidote for me."

I mused with a smile.

Emery grinned in return.

Emery: "I'll stick with Emery Johnes, last Electron and Cybertronian Princess who can fry some serious aft!"

She laughed. But she was about to take another unwitting jab at my spark. If I didn’t know she meant well, well, I’d probably actually feel pained.

Emery: ". . . Hey JB, you sure that Optimus wants the whole 'techno-organic' do-over? I mean, from what I heard, and I dunno how reliable Nici Bishop is, but he sounds . . . Reluctant."

    Well, he . . . was. But once again, he had no idea what living in the human world was like, and I, kind of, did. That was just the thing. I had history with it, and he didn’t. Not to mention, he was kind of leaving the Autobots, who he was leading, and even though it was a temporary arrangement, it did make him pensive. I sincerely hoped that would pass.

Blade: "I promised him it's only temporary. Our Cybertronian bodies will remain in stasis for the time being. I just . . . I really want him to experience the world I came from. The world his daughter and granddaughter live in."