Negative

Much to my surprise, Emery just blinked, sitting up.

Emery: "Whoa . . . that felt weird."

She mumbled. She was . . . fine?

Blade: "Em . . . are you okay?"

I was so wary of the girl's health now, concerned about the damage the lightning could've done, but then again, Emery did control her own electricity, so maybe it was harmless. I certainly hoped so.

Emery: "Yeah . . . I'm fine . . ."

Emery rubbed her head achingly.

Emery: "Just got one heck of a jolt."

She looked out at the storm, making me feel a bit ignored, but a bit better. She wasn’t showing any real signs of damage.

Emery: "That, again was weird. I just . . . felt the lightning . . . kinda pulled it in. Like I was controlling it."

Blade: "Makes sense though, doesn't it? Just considering your powers and all."

I hadn’t even meant to say it, but my processor got the better of my body. I hadn't’ even thought the statement through.

Emery: "But that's weird! I mean, like I've been through plenty of storms, even as a techno and that's never happened before!!!"

Emery looked a bit on the frightened side, though I knew she’d never admit it.

Blade: "I don't know Em, but it looks to me like your freak out session is just making it worse."

    I told her, glancing out at the storm and it’s intensining power. I had no idea what that had to do with Emery, but it was pretty freaky. Emery looked outside with disbelief.

Emery: "Holy . . . wow . . . look at it come down! There may not be any Nevada left at this rate!"

    She joked. My reply came tiredly, having had so much energy drained already, keeping Emery safe and freaking out when she got zapped.

Blade: "No kidding, we'll all get washed away."

She watched it come rushing down, and slowly, I began to lose her. She was . . . in a trance-like state, as she stared at the storm. In the background, a tornado was tearing up a path . . . right towards base.

Blade: "Em!"

My vocalizer screamed her name, as I watched the tornado blaze a path of destruction.

Emery snapped out of her trance.

Emery: "What-?"

She cut herself off mid-sentence when she saw what I saw: a tornado, base and a very bad situation.

Emery: "Holy jeez it's headed right for the base!!!"

She looked up at me, and I swear I could see fear there, but I couldn’t be certain in a moment like this.

Emery: "Call 'em up! Quick! Hurry!"

I hit the com link at the same moment I hit the home coordinates on my mobile groundbridge device. I always kept it handy.

Blade: "Ratchet! Optimus! Get everyone out now!"

The ground bridge opened in front of us.

Blade: "I'm not taking chances! Now MOVE!"

I yelled into the com, hoping so desperately it wasn’t too late.

Emery watched as the tornado demolished the Base, her eyes wide with shock.