Match-Making

Blade led them right to the center of the room and transformed.

Blade: "Careful with the elder, Optimus,"

She whispered.

Blade: "Not exactly one that's keen on 'our kind'."

He nodded in affirmation.

Optimus: "I understand."

She stared up at them with wide eyes as the pair exited the vehicle.

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . These are the ones that Lee wanted to use?"

She murmured under her breath. Nici stared up at him.

Nici: "So uhm, mom, meet your 'prank caller', Optimus Prime. He's the leader of the Autobots."

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . How do you do?"

Her mother said very sweetly.

Optimus: "I am just fine as of now, thank you. How are you doing?"

He responded a bit stiffly. It wasn't often that he had someone ask 'how he was' because most of the time, they already knew, but he attempted the human culture the best he could.

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . Uhm . . . . f-fine . . . aside from a scare my daughter gave me . . ."

Her mother forced a smile.

Ms. Witwicky: "S-so . . . this arm of hers . . . she says it's related to you all."

Nici's lips thinned out. Her mom totally did NOT know how to act normal around those taller than her.

Optimus: "It would appear so. Her body has been meshed with our technology, but she is not a traditional techno-organic. Do you know under what circumstances our technology was attached to your daughter?"

Ms. Witwicky: ". . . It's uhm . . . complicated . . ."

Her mother trailed off, unwilling to talk about what had happened.

Nici: "Yeah. Really complicated.”

Nici agreed. Optimus raised an eyebrow at the pair, but Blade put a hand on his arm and shook her helm. It wasn't worth dredging up something they didn't want to discuss. Optimus went on to another topic.

Optimus: "Due to the danger presented by our enemies, as I have informed you over the com link, I must assign you a guardian to ensure your safety."

Ms. Witwicky: “What danger?!"

Her mother asked slowly. Nici winced again. Those words basically started a countdown.