Transfer

Nici got out of Firefly’s vehicle mode and ran inside.

Nici: "Am I late?! Did I miss anything?!"

Emery: "Girl, they haven't even started yet."

Nici: "Good! I can't miss this!"

Emery: "Happy sixteenth by the way."

Nici: "Thanks!"

Nici said, sticking beside Firefly as always.

Blade: "Happy Sweet Sixteen, Nici."

My smile was sweet, but excited. I was going to be human again, well, kinda. The bots all turned from watching Ratchet tinker to the girl.

Nici: "Happy birthday!"

They exclaimed, almost in unison. Yeah, pretty freakish.

Just then, Angel had walked in, out of nowhere, as usual.

Angel: "Well, Sugar, that makes it a full sixteen, eh? Congrats."

Nici: "Thanks!"

Arcee was speaking to Jack, JumpStart firm. Things were changing so rapidly.

Meggy: "Daddy noooo goooo!"

Meggy wailed, looking up at the tall form of her father. Soundwave knelt down and gently touched his daughter's head.

Soundwave: "Soundwave: Will be back soon. Soundwave: Will just look different."

Meggy was clutching a white, fluffy teddy-bear. Her first birthday present from him.

Meggy: "Daddy I wove yew."

She whimpered, hugging his faceplate. Soundwave gently touched her. He couldn't wait to wrap his arms and pick up and hold his daughter without the fear of crushing her. Red was standing behind him.

Soundwave: "Red: Will be all right?"

Red: "Ah promise Sound. We ain't go'n nowhere anytahme soon darl'n."

Soundwave picked up his sparkmate and held her close. Red's face flushed.

Red: "SOUNDWAVE! Yer mind needs a serious dose 'a bleach!"

Meggy giggled.

Meggy: "Daddy being silly!"

    Heh. Yeah. “Silly.” Oy.

But I smiled all the more; today would change everything. I took Optimus' servo in my own. I couldn't wait for him to see all the things I loved. He smiled, and I felt his spark flush with eager anticipation. This was going to change everything. My spark throbbed with happiness, and Optimus nearly laughed at me.

Blade: "Hey! Don't go there!"

I scolded, unable to rid myself of my smile.  His just grew.

Optimus: "Your giddiness makes me happy, Maiden."

That caused me to laugh. Hearing Optus say 'giddy'? Absolutely freaking comical. And honestly . . . I knew he’d been worried about me over the months. And it took a lot not to break down every night. Honestly, nights occurred often where I just couldn’t control myself.

Okay, there were a lot of those. And I wanted to do something other than mope for a while. So, I was hoping that the pre-planned transfer would send us into such sensory overload that we could . . . live a little again.

Red smiled, and Ratchet stepped into the room. He had the news we’d been waiting for.

Ratchet: "Everything is ready."