Connection

Optimus: "She does need to know about our . . . relationship, Red. But I have lived with this secret about the truth of the origins of Maiden and I for so long . . . I was never sure I would be able to tell anyone until you came back. I was unsure of how they would react. I did not want to pressure her into staying around me."

He felt guilty revealing it even now, considering everything that had happened. Red smiled tenderly.

Red: "Optimus... be'n honest with 'er is 'th best thang ya can do for 'er. It'll make 'er feel lahke ya really do trust 'er. Make 'er feel lahke ya mean someth'n 't 'er. Take it from meh.”

            Blade hoped the infirmary would be empty when she re-entered, but found it wasn't. She entered nonetheless.

Blade: "Look, I just forgot-."

            Optimus, not wanting to spoil his chance, or give himself time to second-guess, cut her off.

Optimus: "Maiden, forget whatever it is you forgot. We must speak; spark-to-spark, on dual matters this eve."

~First-Person Narration: Blade~

            I looked up at him, my eyebrows stitching in confusion and my defensive nature fading.

Blade: “What’s up?”

            Optimus led me near the medical bay and sat me down on the floor, sitting next to me, almost gingerly. It was odd for someone who held such power to use such care in small gestures.

Optimus: "First off, you must be informed of something; something the other Autobots are unaware of."

            He looked at Red, sitting right in front of them on the bay, and he mustered the courage to say something he had not yet said since her arrival, but had thought many times over.

Optimus: "Red Botson is my daughter; she is Cellina from many vorns ago."

            Um, what? I felt my optics go wide as realization washed over me. I looked back and forth between the two; yes, the Red hues (when she had her armor activated) were dead on, but that was one of the few similarities.

Blade: "I, uh, holy AllSpark . . . that explains . . . quite a bit, actually."

            I was putting pieces together, bit by bit, and I realized that of course Optimus would be acting distant: his long-lost daughter came back! They would have so much to catch up on, emotional reunions and all.

Red: "It's crazay ah know . . ."

            She trailed off before speaking again.

Red: "It's a bit of a storay there, lemme tell ya!"