Maiden (A Moment Like This)

I grinned, an idea forming in my processor. I was going to get even with Prime for taking me off guard tonight.

Without leaving his protective arms, I turned to Miko; some of our old conversations were finally going to come in handy.

Blade: “Hey Miko! Play Kelly C! AMLT!”

    Okay, half of that was gibberish and half was just hoping she would somehow understand even HALF of what I’d said and decode the rest. She didn’t even pause to give me a weird look, but immediately went onto the available laptop, AllSpark only knows where it came from, and a few moments later . . .

    A Moment Like This began to play . . .

    I turned back to Optimus, smiling gently.

    He smiled back.

~First-Person Narration: Optimus~

    I’d never heard the song before when the speakers began to louden the music Maiden had requested. I had no idea what it was or why she’d found it necessary to play.

“What if I told you, It was all meant to be, Would you believe me, Would you agree?”

I started moving to the steps again, slowly,as the pace of the song required and her human traditions insisted.

She had no idea how much I already thought of that.

“It's almost that feelin', That we've met before, So tell me that you don't think I'm crazy, When I tell you love has come and now . . . “

I kept myself from chuckling. She was far beyond crazy in my processor, unless you counted crazy beautiful.

She was gorgeous, beautiful . . . and now she had chosen to be with me of her own free will. How was I so lucky to have this maiden here tonight?

“A moment like this, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this, Some people search forever, For that one special kiss, Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this”

I planted a simple, chaste kiss upon her lips.

And yes, it was, indeed, ‘special’.

And I could not imagine a moment without her anymore.

“Everything changes, But beauty remains, Something so tender, I can't explain”

She was not alone. Her very image, her form leaning on mine, her optics closed as we moved in time, peds softly touching the floor . . . I felt only the desire to protect her.

“Well I maybe dreamin', But 'till I awake, Can we make this dream last forever, And I'll cherish all the love we share”

She was not the only one. I had someone to share myself with again . . . and at the thought, I felt my spark tug towards her. It often did, in little, short bursts. I always tried to ignore it, as I always did. I did not wish to make this complicated. I had willingly chosen to take part in her customs but I would not demand anything in return.

    “A moment like this, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this, Some people search forever, For that one special kiss, Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this”

    I planted a chaste kiss on her the top of her helm, trying to ignore the tiny pulls, trying to simply relish the moment itself.

    “Could this be the greatest love of all, I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall, So let me tell you this . . . Some people wait a lifetime”

    I didn’t know if she already knew or not, but I would most definitely be there to catch her when she fell . . . I recalled that day she took a blast from Megatron, and wound up skidding against the ground for close to a mile, the impact nearly snuffing out her spark . . . the day she battled with Megatron and purposely lost . . . the day she’d first had her body and come to my aid, the act itself nearly costing her her spark.

    I would not allow such things again. But upon further thought, I was certain there would always be that possibility. She was not one to be cooped up and to purposely stay out danger. She went charging in if anyone were in danger, even more so if it were grave.

    And that thought made me smile.

    “A moment like this, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this, Some people search forever, For that one special kiss, Oh, I can't believe it's happening to me, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this”

    I wrapped my arms around her smaller form, suddenly feeling very protective of her, and I felt her exhale lightly into my chest plates.

    What was she thinking about in all this?

“Oh, like this oh, I can't believe it's happening to me, Some people wait a lifetime, For a moment like this. Oh, like this.”

I could only logically conclude that that was, indeed, the end of the song. Maiden pulled away just enough to look up at me, and I recognized something in her optics I had not seen directed towards me for quite some time.

An unusual blend of love, adoration and tender vulnerability.

Tonight, all the walls had been broken down.