Fight

The nightmares never ceased. Day in, night out, the images came again and again, and injuries occurred each night. At this point, JewelBlade spent her nights wrapped in Optimus' arms, so he could efficiently wake her moments after they began. But that didn't stop the injuries, however minor, from occurring.

But nights still occurred where Optimus could not be there for her. Where he had to be off on some mission while she continued to attempt to keep a low profile; it did, however, make Miko's days much better. They often went out on drives and having 'girl talks' again, about everything that had been happening lately and catching up. They barely missed a beat from their time apart.

Blade: "So, Miko, any cute boys yet?"

She scoffed at the question.

Miko: "As if! They're either too smart for their own good or super-cute and not smart at all."

She replied as they sat in the green femme's bedroom.

Blade: "Well, none of them are going to be perfect, Miko."

She warned the human girl lightheartedly.

Miko: "I know, I know."

Miko sighed.

Miko: "But what about you and Optimus?"

Her spark skipped a beat.

Blade: "What about us?"

She asked, turning the question around, acting as if her body didn't respond at the sound of his name.

Miko: "Well, don't you like him?"

Blade sighed; maybe they'd missed more with each other than she'd originally thought.

Blade: "I guess you could say that."

She admitted softly.

Miko smiled; they spent another hour talking about boys, relationships, and of course, Optimus. It was a pleasant conversation, and JewelBlade really had someone to confide in again, someone who wanted to hear everything she had to say. Someone who tackled life's problems like they were nothing.

When Bulkhead took Miko home later into the night and she was left alone again, Blade sat on her berth, waiting for that sense of security Optimus would provide.

Blade: I'll rest my optics for a minute . . . just a minute . . .

It was all she thought before shuttering them, recharge seizing her body before she could fight back.

Her optics reopened moments later, but not to her berth; not to the conscious world.

She was on the Decepticon airship, Nemesis.

And she was on her knees, in chains, attached to a wall behind a large berth.

Megatron: "So nice of you to join me, Maiden."

That voice. That horrible, taunting, hateful voice. She turned her helm to look at him. His smirk was so . . . cruel.

Blade: "Let me out of here, Megatron."

~First-Person Narration: JewelBlade~

It was not a request; it was a demand. I knew he could damage me here, I knew he could do all kinds of things to me, but this was a dream world, not the real thing. This was a too-real illusion cast by Megatron's forced manipulation of the UP. But the Unconscious Plane was something I had control of long before he did, and I may not find a solution tonight, but sometime soon, I would.