Temporary Goodbyes

???: "Darl'n ahm back!"

               Red walked in, her armor deactivating.

Red: "How's-."

               She stopped short.

Red: "Well, ah'll beh! JewelBlade! Whut brings ya 't 'ere?"

Blade: "Well . . ."

               She began nervously.

Blade: "There was a bit of an accident, and SoundWave helped me out. More so Emery than me, but he helped because you weren't exactly available . . ."

Red: "Ah was out b'cause of a new techno-organic. 'Th wonkiest thang, ah was at 'th Base!"               

She scratched her head.

Red: "If ah'd known . . . oh well. But lemme guess; Emeray got 'urt 'gain, didn't she?"

Blade: "She did . . . but it was an accident, I swear! She wasn't buckled and I swerved and she, kind of hit her head. She's okay now, but . . . I still feel awful."

               Blade hung her head.  

              Red sighed.

Red: "It's all right . . . ah undahstand. When Wildstar was 'round, she honestlay did 'th same thang. But ya gotta beh more careful. B'lieve meh, we may beh techno-organic but we ain't invincible!"

Blade: "I know, I know . . . I honestly didn't think she'd fall. I thought she had a better balance going, but I guess I was wrong."  

              Red nodded.

Red: "Looks can beh decieve'n. Speak'n a which, Soundwave 'ave ya seen Tabitha 'round 'ere?"

Soundwave: "Soundwave: Has seen her with Ivy and Kyle."

Red: "All right, thank ya. 'An wait, where' Emeray?"

Soundwave: "Emery: Went with Kasey to explore Base."

Red: "Would ya lahke a tour too Blade? We're bound 't bump intah 'er soonah or latah."               

Blade nodded.

Blade: "If you think that's best."

               It felt like the world was whizzing past her lately; everything was happening nonstop. Just 24 hours ago . . . how had so much changed already?

               Red nodded and led her out and down the hallway.

Red: "We 'ave almost everyth'n  for over a 'undred techno-organics. Almost 'bout three-'t-five tahmes a month a new techno-organic activates. Some a 'em were protoforms b'fore they came 't earth, while othahs some way or anothah came in contact with Cybertronian CNA while they were still 'uman. Take Tristan 'an Haley for example. They both were put through a procedure bah Shockwave 't convert 'em intah techno-organics. They were 'th first 't beh placed undah our protection."

               She walked out into a large main room. There was a flat-screen TV, a video game station with plenty of games, a group of girls huddled on a couch, giggling over a magazine and a group of boys battling each other with the game station. But once they walked inside, the several techno-organics looked up to see JewelBlade and stared with curious eyes.

Red: "Everyone, this is JewelBlade. She's check'n out 'th Base."

All: "Hi!"             

   Everyone said, smiling up at her. Some of them had unusual hair colors; some had visible circuitry, while the rest looked normal.

Blade: "Hey guys."